Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Ryujin Wrote:I think the thing with most of the FF7 haters is one of three reasons

1: Most of them played it alot later than when it was 1st released and theirfore judge the game mostly on its graphics

2: Because it is popular, some people automatically jump on the hating wagon because they (on some level) believe that it elevates them to the elite few who are "smart" enough to know the "truth" and not be swallowed by the masses. And the sole reason is its popularity, evidence of this mentality can be seen with the haters of the later Matrix movies.

3: Some people just did not "get" the story, for some reason, maybe they just did not give it a chance, maybe it seemed too complex to follow properly, maybe they just did not like the story because it just did not "click" with them.

In general I think these are the 3 reasons for most of the haters. Because its simply fantastic on so many levels. Looking forward to Advent Children alot, because Cloud kicks so much ass.

To be honest FF7 was the reason I bought my PSX, I have been playing RPGs since the days of Dragon Warrior, Phantasy Star, and Final Fantasy. However after playin the game, I had decided FF7 killed RPGs for me, it was more of an interactive movie then an RPG. There was no heart in the game, I've said it before and I will say it again. Locke from FF VI, has more character development then all the characters from 7, 8, 9, and X put together. My reasons, wasn't because it was popular or I didn't like the graphics( actually I enjoyed most of the CG scenes), and I got the story, it just sucked!!! Now it might have been that I grew out of the genre and that could have been my problem. The characters were bland and boring, the character designs were simple nothing special at all, and the music was horrible except for Aerith's theme and the bad ass Sephiroth music. I haven't played many Rpgs since then, because it is the same formula over and over again. Like I said earlier I appreciate art in all kinds of forms, so I am exciting about seeing the visuals in FF AC.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by Naktinis - 10-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by Cidien - 10-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by evilomar - 11-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by Blight - 11-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by -spike- - 11-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by -spike- - 11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by Cidien - 11-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by Cidien - 11-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by -spike- - 11-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by Cidien - 11-02-2004, 02:18 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - by -spike- - 11-02-2004, 02:44 AM