Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings

I am curious as to whether Import-Anime will be carrying AC when it is released in Japan. After reading the review submitted on the 20min presentation that showed in Montreal, and after having seen the latest 5min trailer..to say that I'm excited about seeing it is an understatement.

For those who don't know about AC yet and want to know more, or at the very least want to see the trailer I mentioned, go here: http://www.adventchildren.net/

I realize that this might not be released in the same manner that traditional anime is handled, given that a US release is planned. I assume that the US release will have a dubbed version (I'm not sure whether to be worried yet or not), but it will definetly be released -after- the Japanese release in theatres, DVD, and PSP.

While I pray AC will eventually make it into theatres here in the US, official word is still that it will be a straight to DVD distribution. Also, while I hope that Import-Anime will carry AC, I will completely understand if that is not feasible, it not outright impossible.

Sincerely,

Naktinis
Naktinis Wrote:Greetings

I am curious as to whether Import-Anime will be carrying AC when it is released in Japan. After reading the review submitted on the 20min presentation that showed in Montreal, and after having seen the latest 5min trailer..to say that I'm excited about seeing it is an understatement.

For those who don't know about AC yet and want to know more, or at the very least want to see the trailer I mentioned, go here: http://www.adventchildren.net/

I realize that this might not be released in the same manner that traditional anime is handled, given that a US release is planned. I assume that the US release will have a dubbed version (I'm not sure whether to be worried yet or not), but it will definetly be released -after- the Japanese release in theatres, DVD, and PSP.

While I pray AC will eventually make it into theatres here in the US, official word is still that it will be a straight to DVD distribution. Also, while I hope that Import-Anime will carry AC, I will completely understand if that is not feasible, it not outright impossible.

Sincerely,

Naktinis

I look forward to it being released in America...It would be intresting to seen who they use for the dub voices as well but in any form id watch it..
Now this is one show i'd frown on people buying a bootleg of. I guess that's just because I love Squaresoft so much. (SquareEnix now I guess) They produce such great games.
Final Fantasy 7 was the reason I stopped playing RPGs, but for some reason I kind of want to watch this Advent Children movie. I was very impressed with Spirits Within, so I want to see how much they have improved on their visuals. Now I wish Square/Enix would make a good game sometime, I haven't enjoyed one of their Rpgs since Chrono Trigger. The only one that looks interesting to me is DragonWarrior(Quest) 8.
evilomar Wrote:Final Fantasy 7 was the reason I stopped playing RPGs...(Quest) 8.
At last! I finally found someone else who hates FVII. Every person I talk to says that it is either their favorite RPG ever or favorite square game ever. I couldn?t stand it. It was ugly to the point I couldn?t see the screen sometimes (cause of how dark it was). They should have waited a little longer before they brought the series in to 3D. Also, Cloud is one of the worst main characters of any game. He made up as story about his past and denied the truth so much he actually started to believe his own lie. He was a head case.

I must admit though, that the movie does look pretty badass; a whole lot better than Spirits Within.
Blight Wrote:At last! I finally found someone else who hates FVII. Every person I talk to says that it is either their favorite RPG ever or favorite square game ever. I couldn?t stand it. It was ugly to the point I couldn?t see the screen sometimes (cause of how dark it was). They should have waited a little longer before they brought the series in to 3D. Also, Cloud is one of the worst main characters of any game. He made up as story about his past and denied the truth so much he actually started to believe his own lie. He was a head case.

I must admit though, that the movie does look pretty badass; a whole lot better than Spirits Within.
LOL, same here dude. I never really thought FF7 was as great as people made it out to be. I think its just one of the those games that is a landmark in RPGs because it was like one of the first and best 3D rpg on playstation. Personally I really like FF8 and 9. THey just had a more interesting story and better characters to me.
-spike- Wrote:LOL, same here dude. I never really thought FF7 was as great as people made it out to be. I think its just one of the those games that is a landmark in RPGs because it was like one of the first and best 3D rpg on playstation. Personally I really like FF8 and 9. THey just had a more interesting story and better characters to me.

FF8 and FF9 were good never beat em still own em just forgot what memory card their on DAMN MEGA MEMORY CARD! LMAO Only beat 7...
Holy Sh*t where are all the ffvii fans? I will have to be that person. FFVII rocks. The grpahics were brilliant, I don't knwo what game you were playing?

I really love ffvii, I have such fond memories, many hours lost in such a deep world. Man, I will say this again and again. A true to the game anime would be amazing.
Puppet Master Wrote:FF8 and FF9 were good never beat em still own em just forgot what memory card their on DAMN MEGA MEMORY CARD! LMAO Only beat 7...
Dude I hanvt beaten a sinlgle FF game. Not a one. I just get near the end and then start over, dont know why, just do.
evilomar Wrote:Final Fantasy 7 was the reason I stopped playing RPGs, but for some reason I kind of want to watch this Advent Children movie. I was very impressed with Spirits Within, so I want to see how much they have improved on their visuals. Now I wish Square/Enix would make a good game sometime, I haven't enjoyed one of their Rpgs since Chrono Trigger. The only one that looks interesting to me is DragonWarrior(Quest) 8.

While Chrono Trigger is still my favorite RPG ever i'm surprised you like that but no other squaresoft rpg. Any reason?
Puppet Master Wrote:FF8 and FF9 were good never beat em still own em just forgot what memory card their on DAMN MEGA MEMORY CARD! LMAO Only beat 7...

As for 8... use a guide and get ALL the GF's. Also, MAKE SURE AND LEVEL UP RINOA!! If you leave her at level 17 like I did the first play through you will need to start a new game and play through the entire game just so you can beat a stupid fight AT THE END OF THE GAME! I could't believe they did that... what an awful fight with the sorcerous.

By the way, I love FF7.
Cidien Wrote:While Chrono Trigger is still my favorite RPG ever i'm surprised you like that but no other squaresoft rpg. Any reason?
Chrono Trigger is one of my favorites too. Bought FF Chronicals just to get it.
-spike- Wrote:Chrono Trigger is one of my favorites too. Bought FF Chronicals just to get it.

I still regret selling my SNES Chrono Trigger game. Back when I was younger when we went to the lakes I played through Chrono Trigger at least once, sometimes three-four times in a weekend. Ever character was double ** except Magus (I named him Janus after the first play-through, I hate the rename Magus) who was like 96. Janus was lvl 96 and I hardly ever used him when I played the game. That and about half the times I played through I killed him. That shows any Chrono Trigger fans just how many times I played through the game. =P (probably about 30-40)
Cidien Wrote:I still regret selling my SNES Chrono Trigger game. Back when I was younger when we went to the lakes I played through Chrono Trigger at least once, sometimes three-four times in a weekend. Ever character was double ** except Magus (I named him Janus after the first play-through, I hate the rename Magus) who was like 96. Janus was lvl 96 and I hardly ever used him when I played the game. That and about half the times I played through I killed him. That shows any Chrono Trigger fans just how many times I played through the game. =P (probably about 30-40)
All I can say is DAMN! Thats alot of times through, I have beaten it twice, once on an emularor and once on PS. One of my friends has beaten Metal Gear Solid over 60 times!!!!!! He has way too much time on his hands.

LOL, just read this comic a minute ago, pretty funny and yet so true.
http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3
I'm really looking forward to watching Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. FFX-2 International+Last Mission came with a trailer of the movie and I've lost count of how many times I watched it so far. I'm also going crazy while waiting for the other FFVII projects like the PSP game and the spin off for the PS2.

Blight Wrote:It was ugly to the point I couldn?t see the screen sometimes (cause of how dark it was).

Which version of the game did you play? The Playstation version or the PC version? I first played the game on the PC and everything was indeed rather dark. However, when I played the playstation version I was really surprised with how different it was, everything was bright and clear and the graphs were much better.

ouijaouija Wrote:Holy Sh*t where are all the ffvii fans? I will have to be that person. FFVII rocks. The grpahics were brilliant, I don't knwo what game you were playing?

I really love ffvii, I have such fond memories, many hours lost in such a deep world. Man, I will say this again and again. A true to the game anime would be amazing.

We're here, we're here! I'm a huge FFVII fan as well. I know exactly what you mean about having fond memories. I played that game for more than 80h and did everything that could possibly be done. Man, I love raising/racing chocobos! :p
Pages: 1 2