Tekkaman Blade Perfect Collection
Oops.... I should have posted my review about this a while ago.
Mac makes two different Tekkaman Perfect collection sets. One set has 5 discs with pretty decent subtitles. The other set has 7 discs and is an exact copy of the 5 disc set with the addition of the whole series dubbed in English.

I believe the English dub may be from Australia or some other English speaking country other than the US. What's interesting is that the English dub isn't a sub track below the Japanese audio. It's an entirely seperate chapter on the disc.

I actually missed this difference the first time I was watching the sets and spent a while trying to figure out what the difference between the sets was other than how the chapters were spaced. You have to select the dubbed version from the top menu before the show starts.

I was going to post my reviews of both sets but I got confused as to where they should be going at first. Then, after I figured out what happened, I got lazy and never actually posted my full reviews. I'll try to update them this weekend.

In short, order the 5 disc set if you're only interested in the subbed version.
Order the 7 disc set if you want the English dubs. Keep in mind that the dubs are edited down slightly from the original version. Not huge edits but some stuff is still missing.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
Tekkaman Blade Perfect Collection - by Hidalgo - 03-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Tekkaman Blade Perfect Collection - by Amethyst - 03-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Tekkaman Blade Perfect Collection - by DARK OSAMU - 03-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Tekkaman Blade Perfect Collection - by Zagatto - 10-22-2004, 05:03 AM