Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Tekkaman Blade Perfect Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a fan of this older show and wanted to know if anyone has any info on this perfect collection from mac.
I have heard that it is only and english dub, but it is listed as having both tracks on animegod.
This is confusing because I thought that the use version of this show Teknoman was short lived and didnt last the full length of the show, or at the very least was never released on R1 dvd.
No reviews of it on the sit so i just wanted to see if any one know.
Thanks!
Quote:Originally posted by Hidalgo
I am a fan of this older show and wanted to know if anyone has any info on this perfect collection from mac.
I have heard that it is only and english dub, but it is listed as having both tracks on animegod.
This is confusing because I thought that the use version of this show Teknoman was short lived and didnt last the full length of the show, or at the very least was never released on R1 dvd.
No reviews of it on the sit so i just wanted to see if any one know.
Thanks!

I have a set of Tekkamen Blade from MI which is subs only on 5 disks episodes 1-49. Can't tell you how it was cause I haven't seen it yet... :p
Mine is from AV and it is BEAUTIFUL from start to finish. The extras are totally sweet. There are two remade episodes (An OAV???) that look like movie quality. MAN I LOVE TEKKAMAN BLADE!!!!!!!!!! After watching the original Tekkaman the Space Knight snippets on the extras I wish I had it too! If you can find the AV version I suggest getting it. It has Japanese only with english subs. I give it a 10!
Im a total fan of this show but i just bought the Hong Kong Version and it sux big time. This is sad as i really liked the show but the subs are awful. Could someone pls email me if u have any information where i could get one with good subtitles. I am especially interested if u could find the English/Japanesse one. Anyway thx in advance fr any help anyone gives me. Also im looking fr good animes with dragons i them preferably as main characters. Any help on that would be great, however Tekkaman Blade is more important as i think i got ripped off. Thx again
Oops.... I should have posted my review about this a while ago.
Mac makes two different Tekkaman Perfect collection sets. One set has 5 discs with pretty decent subtitles. The other set has 7 discs and is an exact copy of the 5 disc set with the addition of the whole series dubbed in English.

I believe the English dub may be from Australia or some other English speaking country other than the US. What's interesting is that the English dub isn't a sub track below the Japanese audio. It's an entirely seperate chapter on the disc.

I actually missed this difference the first time I was watching the sets and spent a while trying to figure out what the difference between the sets was other than how the chapters were spaced. You have to select the dubbed version from the top menu before the show starts.

I was going to post my reviews of both sets but I got confused as to where they should be going at first. Then, after I figured out what happened, I got lazy and never actually posted my full reviews. I'll try to update them this weekend.

In short, order the 5 disc set if you're only interested in the subbed version.
Order the 7 disc set if you want the English dubs. Keep in mind that the dubs are edited down slightly from the original version. Not huge edits but some stuff is still missing.