Just like Pearl, only slightly worse.
Quote:Originally posted by Vile
i completely agree with you.

what our men did to the iraqi prisoners was definitely wrong, but those who did it are being court martialed. if anything, what our men did was returning evil for evil - not commiting new evil.

and last time i read up on it, being naked/humiliated/mildly tortured doesnt remove one's head.

-Vile

I don't know if you guys heard but there seem to be quite a few Iraqi's who were killed while in prison under US custody.

The fact that the pictures caused such a riot is because it were americans (and british) soldiers doing the torturing. America is supposed to be the country where stuff like this can/would never happen or atleast that was what Bush wanted everyone to think. If you portrait your country the way Bush has done you are NOT allowed to commit/return evil (as you put it). The US wants to have many countries follow their way of democracy because it is the best way to run a country. The US needs to set an example for the rest of the world and therefore are about the only country who are not allowed to make mistakes like this. The US government put itself in this situation of trying to better the world on their own and now they are finding out they are not as perfect as they thought(they being the government, not the citicens). This has been a severe blow to the Iraqi population who must have lost all respect they had for the US.

This all doesn't make the video any less shocking ofcourse but you had to have expected a reaction by those stupid al-qaida fucks. Violence is the only method they know. I just hope we don't get to see to many of these video's and that they don't see the impact it had on us as a motivation to do it more often.

This Iraq situation has become so complicated with soooo many sides to the story that it makes my head spin. I really don't see a solution comming anytime soon.

Messages In This Thread
Just like Pearl, only slightly worse. - by kakomu - 05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Just like Pearl, only slightly worse. - by Vile - 05-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Just like Pearl, only slightly worse. - by Elcoholic - 05-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Just like Pearl, only slightly worse. - by kakomu - 05-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Just like Pearl, only slightly worse. - by kakomu - 05-12-2004, 07:26 AM
Just like Pearl, only slightly worse. - by rav96 - 05-18-2004, 02:09 PM