Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Just like Pearl, only slightly worse.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just read about this:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml...ID=5109073

pretty barbaric stuff.their "revenge" reasoning sounds rather ass-backwards, especially to do this to someone in the process of rebuilding their country. Just shows that al-qaeda sees everything in black and white and ignores the multitudes of gray areas that exist in politics.
i completely agree with you.

what our men did to the iraqi prisoners was definitely wrong, but those who did it are being court martialed. if anything, what our men did was returning evil for evil - not commiting new evil.

and last time i read up on it, being naked/humiliated/mildly tortured doesnt remove one's head.

-Vile
I also feel that it is wrong what they did to them but I mean this is war guys!! Im sure stuff like this happend in past wars, but we didnt know about it because they were smart and didnt take pictures. These stupid terrorist that cut off that guys head are the kind of thing that leads to americans doing that sort of thing. If they want it to stop happing to thier people, maybe they should take a look at what they are doing.

Its like some african americans hating white people because of what happend in the past. I know it was horriable but if they let it go maybe somoe people would feel diffrently towards them.

This reminds me of the NOFX song, " I hate hateing haters"

It happened in Vietnam War, happened in Gulf War, happened in World War I, World War II. Just that not much pictures were shown.
If everyone were to be civil and humane, there would be no war at all in the first place.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
It happened in Vietnam War, happened in Gulf War, happened in World War I, World War II. Just that not much pictures were shown.
If everyone were to be civil and humane, there would be no war at all in the first place.

Exactly.
Quote:Originally posted by Vile
i completely agree with you.

what our men did to the iraqi prisoners was definitely wrong, but those who did it are being court martialed. if anything, what our men did was returning evil for evil - not commiting new evil.

and last time i read up on it, being naked/humiliated/mildly tortured doesnt remove one's head.

-Vile

I don't know if you guys heard but there seem to be quite a few Iraqi's who were killed while in prison under US custody.

The fact that the pictures caused such a riot is because it were americans (and british) soldiers doing the torturing. America is supposed to be the country where stuff like this can/would never happen or atleast that was what Bush wanted everyone to think. If you portrait your country the way Bush has done you are NOT allowed to commit/return evil (as you put it). The US wants to have many countries follow their way of democracy because it is the best way to run a country. The US needs to set an example for the rest of the world and therefore are about the only country who are not allowed to make mistakes like this. The US government put itself in this situation of trying to better the world on their own and now they are finding out they are not as perfect as they thought(they being the government, not the citicens). This has been a severe blow to the Iraqi population who must have lost all respect they had for the US.

This all doesn't make the video any less shocking ofcourse but you had to have expected a reaction by those stupid al-qaida fucks. Violence is the only method they know. I just hope we don't get to see to many of these video's and that they don't see the impact it had on us as a motivation to do it more often.

This Iraq situation has become so complicated with soooo many sides to the story that it makes my head spin. I really don't see a solution comming anytime soon.
Quote:Originally posted by elcoholic
The US wants to have many countries follow their way of democracy because it is the best way to run a country.

Actually truely in its true form Communisium is the best form of government.. In theories and such.. Its only downfall is that its easily curruptable and thus turns it downward..

The thing i hate is how we try to "push" our government onto all other countries.. but it don't fit for everyone.. People need to figure out what governments work for them.. in the Arab world there problem is there religion dictates what the government will do and that is where there problems come from. Thats why i am glad we went with "Seperation of Church and State"
I remember reading an article about United States being a Super Power. Well, I guess it's a situation where if USA do not intervene, she'll be criticised. She intervenes, she's criticised.

I just hope that everything ends soon so that everyone out there could come home. It's been soooooooo long...I didn't even realised that it's almost 3 years. I thought this is only 2002. Dohz.....
the video is here for those who don't know about it...

get it while its still up...

http://www.ogrish.com

knowledge is power- but ignorance is bliss

:eek:
In the end, I find it hard to bring about sympathy for prisoners, let alone Iraqi prisoners, however, this guy was an innocent, and not exactly collatoral damage, since they were deliberately going after an innocent (one of the actions that seperates terrorism from waging war).
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
Actually truely in its true form Communisium is the best form of government.. In theories and such.. Its only downfall is that its easily curruptable and thus turns it downward..

The thing i hate is how we try to "push" our government onto all other countries.. but it don't fit for everyone.. "

I am impressed to read such words coming from someone who serves in the arm forces. Communism is probably the best form of goverment. I think Castro shows that it can work, and that is why there are always assassination attempts being made on him. Forcing a country to work like your goverment isn't a great solution. People have been living like this for hundreds (and some even thousands) of years. Things like this video shown happen in every war, you guys are right.
Slightly OT but... is Castro doing a good job? Isn't most of the Cuban population is still very poor(and Castro VERY rich).
Most of the cubans that were bitching about the way Castro ran things were the ones that were exiled to the US in the early 1980s, and most of them were criminals or had criminal records. Cuba itself is not a very rich country and I don't know how rich Castro is, but like any country's leader it comes with being boss. People eat and have a place to live, and in a third world country that goes a long way.
guys, you're missing the point. Communism is an ECONOMIC system, not a goverment, in that everyone works in jobs that the government gives them, all for the good of the government. THe jobs are doled out by the government. One can't ignore the close knit relationship between a countries economic and governmental system, however they are NOT the same thing. The US is a Capatalist state, but capitalism is not the the government, but rather, the US is a democratic Republic government (democracy in short). Cuba is a dictatorship (just like the USSR used to be). The reason it works is because Castro rules with an iron fist and as for working, they've been in a recession since 1990 that has been in place since the USSR fell and the subsidies they received had gone. I despise communism on top of this. I don't want to be lumped into "the people", but I want to be known for my accomplishments and get ahead with them.
this kind of stuff happens all the time when somebodys at war it just that the us got caught doing it now bush is trying to cover it up..

and about that african american hating white people that which you speak of happened all so long ago the people you know i know today NEVER lived thru those days.. its all in the PAST!!i think some just look for an excuse to talk trash to each other whether your hispanic african caucsian or whatever you are some people need to grow up and realize it doesnt matter who you are as long as you act civialized.. people can hate each other all they want as long as some a**hole doesntt use racist remarks then we all can get alongBig Grin

upon watching the news it brings more and more disgust for the people who thinks it funny killing someone who has not done anything to them..

i think i will leave this thread alone...
Pages: 1 2