I've been reading that funimation has uncut dragon ballz
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
no buffgod is right. And even disregarding the scenes. The colors, the brighter fixtures and such on the funimation dvds don't look a thing like the original.

Original what? VHS? TV broadcast? Cels? MI DVDs?

THe Funi DVDs are taken from the beta cassettes that Bird gave them. They are not the same as the DVDs in the Dragonbox because Bird actually remastered tapes and tweaked the colors. THe color scheme is irrelevent considering every TV outputs a DVD slightly different, and everyone has their color settings slightly different anyways. With a little tweaking, you can get the images to look quite different. In my case, I took the MI Eva DVDs that were slightly washed out, and tweaked the colors to look almost exactly like the remastered DVD set (at least from the screen caps I found when it was released).

As for the censored scenes, they aren't. It's all there and intact. There was a report that the English uncut broadcast version is different than the Japanese version, in which case, he may be right, but as far as the original japanese version, it's all there. There's no way they can cut up the Japanese version without really bad syncs with music and voices (such as a song playing then stuttering, because they just took a 3 second chunk out). Stop bitching about it, it's all there.

Messages In This Thread
I've been reading that funimation has uncut dragon ballz - by kakomu - 05-05-2004, 05:00 AM