World Exclusive - Sega to return to hardware!
i worked for funcoland/gamestop for 3 years, and from my experience with the console market only 3 consoles can truely servive. it would be suicide for sega to try again. they have a track record of making consoles that flop within a year or so of release(saturn, sega cd, etc). if they do start up again they should not put windows in thier machines (I think it was windows ce they used). that was the reason for the demise of the dreamcast, you were able to play burned games without needing a mod chip. hell i did it because it was so easy. pirating games for a console is a double edge sword, and its a prime example with the dream cast. Nintendo has been the smartest of the bunch by sticking with cartriges and mini dvd's, there is no way to pirate thier stuff, but cartriges and mini dvd's are hard to develop for, and thats shown by the lack of support for n64 and gamecube. i'm surprised the xbox has lasted this long, with a lack of japanese support and the high cost of its hard ware, But i guess if you are microsoft you can afford to stay afloat even if you are not making money. heck, Ed Fries left microsoft, the xbox front man, now what does that tell you.

Messages In This Thread
World Exclusive - Sega to return to hardware! - by israfel - 05-04-2004, 03:10 PM