Come Join The Dragon Ball Bashing Party
Quote:Originally posted by Jaded God
Cowboy Bebop just to let you know is kinda a mini dragonball... Lots know of it now and in the same way you cannot talk about anime without hearing about Bebop.

No matter how irrelivant due to your opinion or whatever means you will use to deny this, I find it kquite annoying when you can't talk to someone about anime without them talking about the self proclaimed 'own genre' classicRolleyes . Although Yes, Cowboy Bebop deserves its fame, you can't sit there & say it deserve it's fame because it appeals to you, why no one should care enough about DB/Z to talk about it.
And as for fads, they teach us about that crap at school. And when it's been around for so long, & will be around with atleast certain fans, I'm not gonig to pass it off as 'just another fad'.
Which then again I call no anime a fad. Sure, I was into pokemon when it first came out, but I wasn't one of the little fu*k heads runnig around that liked it just because it was the 'in thing'. I likied it because it was new & original to me. A type of show I'd never seen, & the games to were fun. I didn't get out of the 'trend' of Pokemon till atleast 3-4 years after all the fuss died down with the people of my age, & that was only because I don't watch anime of TV (besides DVDs) & the games are all basicly remakes. But, if it were to come out on (HK) DVD I'd be the first & only kid I know to own the entire series, or even parts of it for that matter.
Point being, anime you're calling stupid fads just because every 3 year old is runnig around making fools of themselves by yelling 'go pikachu' & 'I summon Dark Magican!' will/has atleast leave a lasting effect on me for one, & I'm sure I'm not alone.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html

Messages In This Thread
Come Join The Dragon Ball Bashing Party - by Vile - 04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Come Join The Dragon Ball Bashing Party - by Batz Kage - 04-26-2004, 06:31 PM