Come Join The Dragon Ball Bashing Party
Ok, DragonBall and DBZ are not brain scratching shows, but they were fun, my brother and I use to import them about 11 years ago, so I was 15 at the time and there was no better adrenaleine rush then wathching two motherfuckers beat the hell out of each other for 30 minutes. However, I've tried watching the English version, gosh the dubbing is just blasphemy and the translation and editing is horrible, so if you are criticizing the show and that is all you have watched, well that's not really fair. Now I don't know how old some of you are and how long you've been watching anime, so that might be part of the reason you don't like the show. So I say if you are in highschool and just started watching anime about four years ago, then you probably won't like DBZ. You can compare it to all this great anime that just pumped out of Japan in the last 6 years alone. But back in 92 and 93 DBZ was the SHIT!!!!! Another thing I respect about shows like DBZ, pokemon, and Sailor Moon is that it made anime VHS hella' cheap. When those shows got popular anime was not only easier to find, but it was getting cheaper and that made me a very happy fanboy. I just can't believe that the show is this popular now, I think that's fucking awesome. I remeber when I was 16 (about 10 years ago) I wore a DBZ shirt I imported from Japan to school and all the kids were like: "hahahahah your shirt says Dragon Balls!!!!" So to me its still a shock to see all this DBZ merchandise at Wal-Mart.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!

Messages In This Thread
Come Join The Dragon Ball Bashing Party - by Vile - 04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Come Join The Dragon Ball Bashing Party - by evilomar - 04-26-2004, 05:40 AM