MXC (Most eXtreme Elimination Challenge)
well the reason only the "crazy" japanese shows are brought over is the fact that its entertaining despite linguistic/cultural barriers. americans would not enjoy japanese soap operas; however, we do like japanese martial arts movies. and dont forget anime. we all love anime.

something you have to understand about the US is that our top export is entertainment. we entertain the world with our music and high budget shows and especcially movies. american television isnt going to see so much from japan because its the japanese(and everyone else) that are watching our movies and tv shows. if something gets brought over here, its because it is entertaining to americans because we dont already make something better. and when it comes to entertainment, the US reigns supreme.

and as for banzai, yeah, it likes to stereotype. but not nearly as bad as chappelle show. nothing on television is more racist than chappelle show. but i like both of those shows. ya know why? because stereotypes are funny as long as they arent used maliciously. every group of people everywhere has their stereotypes, and they aren't going away. plus they're funny, so what the hell.

and now that ive said that. i would like to apologize for "going off" on you. its just that i absolutely hate this super-sensitive PC attitude that seems to be getting more popular. your post kinda set me off, if only for being too vague and generalizing.

-Vile

p.s. in case anyone is going to ask about my race, im (.5)fillipino plus some mix of english irish german
Look, maybe you just saw a one headed monkey carrying two watermelons.

Messages In This Thread
MXC (Most eXtreme Elimination Challenge) - by Vile - 04-16-2004, 01:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MXC (Most eXtreme Elimination Challenge) *Marathon Today* Last Exile 5 2,976 04-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Vile