MXC (Most eXtreme Elimination Challenge)
Hey man, I like MXC and am not a racist too.. that's cool.

I'm not saying that the agenda of the show is to depict Japanese in a racist manner, but think about this: the only shows that get ported over are the "crazy" ones, the culture that is just "funny" to the American public.

What I am decrying is that only the stuff that is different from the norm gets imported. Go to the video store, you can get like 3 Takashi Miike films: Audition, Ichi The Killer, and Happiness Of The Katakuris. Now, if that's your exposure to the film-maker and to the Japanese film market, you're going to think that it's pretty fucked up, that it's all just insanity over across the ocean. Never mind that a lot of his movies are straight-up yakuza films that are actually superior to the off-beat flicks. I'm not saying that the show itself is saying "oh, hey look at those silly japs, they are so funny to laugh at (although this argument cannot be made for Banzai which is pretty much saying that, bastardizing the culture and pushing it into a negative light)." But if that is what the general public sees, that is what the general public could think.

Postscript: I am generally humorous and very politically incorrect (for humors sake only, though). I am definitely not promoting the oversensitivity like that at tolerance.org . Hell, those people are just nuts, I am just noticing and commenting on the sociological trend of isolationist nations. Please don't misunderstand me as stupidly political. Hell, I usually remove myself from active politics and choose instead just to watch.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>

Messages In This Thread
MXC (Most eXtreme Elimination Challenge) - by ElVaquero - 04-16-2004, 12:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MXC (Most eXtreme Elimination Challenge) *Marathon Today* Last Exile 5 2,976 04-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Vile