Help a new Convert decide (First post)
Well my Bebop box and movie arrived on Monday, which was a week indeed rav.

Pretty damn impressive really considering the price, sure there was some pixelation on the action sequences and hyperspace sequences, but thats ok considering there's four hours per disc.

The packaging and everything is really well done, I was rather impressed by it. I'm at episode 22 now (not watched the movie) and there are no problems to report other than one.

On my Pioneer 717 (old first generation one player, but still great) the discs from the series completely freeze on the layer change and I have to skip forward a few seconds to get them going again. This is really annoying on the first disc as the layer change comes right in the middle of the Green Bird song as spike plummets to the floor of the church/cathedral Sad

On my backup player in the living room, Pioneer DV464 (the main one is in my bedroom where the surround system is etc) the layer change is absolutely seamless, no stopping at all which is fantastic.

The movie has the standard pause at the layer change on both players, although a little less pronounced on the one downstairs. So basically, I can watch all but one episode per disc on the main system. Really thats ok by me Smile

Now, what to buy next is the question Big Grin

I want to buy a few movies, but I really can't afford the £15-£20 for most movies. Is Ghost in the Shell and Ninja scroll HKs out of print?
I'll also probably pick up one or two of; Berserk, NGE and Hellsing.

Peace out Smile

Messages In This Thread
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by Filmbuffpaul - 03-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 04:13 PM