Help a new Convert decide (First post)
Hmmm, if you look back to my first post the ones in bold are my only real experiences of anime (well those and things like pokemon, digimon and numerous other kids shows that get shown over here).

I liked the styles of the ones i've seen, slick camera movements, highly kinetic in execution, violence is a-ok. I think I'll be ok with mech shows as I grew up with Transformers. I also very much liked the existential themes of Ghost in the Shell.

I think other space shows would be fine too. Probably more serious in content regardless of any specific genre, don't think I want to try an out and out comedy just yet, elements of comedy sure. I like the look of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis and Trigun quite a lot.

So essentially, shows/movies similar in style to the ones I listed probably (want to call them western culture influenced, but sounds wrong). Probably set in a near future type deal. Thinking shows sure thing. Fights/Violence is fine too.

I wasn't trying to push for more recommendations or anything with the previous post, just saying thanks for the list and I'll work away at them slowly.

Peace Smile

ps: Just ordered the Bebop series and movie a short while ago, it begins! Cool

Messages In This Thread
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by Filmbuffpaul - 02-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 04:13 PM