Help a new Convert decide (First post)
For the Bebop movie, usually I would suggest getting the R1 version since it isnt much more than the HK DVD but since you live in the UK that option might not too good for you. The fx version used to be the same as the MI one which is in anamorphic widescreen and the MI logo pops up once in a while. It also has 5.1 audio. Don't know if fx is still the same as the MI one now.

Macross is a great show, old but a classic. Macross Plus is great too but I dont think there are any good Hk versions of it.

Esclaflowne is a fantasy show with a bit of mecha.

Vandread I enjoyed but it is heavy on the CG which I didnt find impressive at all.

Full Metal Panic was good too, the 1st series is more action oriented while the 2nd series, FMP: Fumoffu was more comedy. Some CG in it.

12 Kingdoms (Juuni Kokki) I've been watching alot of recently, a fanstasy series, I haven't been into a series like this one in a while but reading the reviews the HK sets don't seem very good (I downloaded the series).

X has an epic feel to it and gorgeous animation and a great score

Read or Die OVA is a short superhero/agent series but very entertaining and a great score also, also check out the TV series that is currently airing in Japan.

Studio Ghibli has some of the greatest and most loved movies in it's catalog, enjoyable for every age. I would get the MI or MAC set if you dont mind subtitles cause the Fx Perfect Collection is missing some of Studio Ghibli's best movies, most notably Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind and Whispers of the Heart.

Lupin has been aroound for 30 years and is still very popular. Check out Castle of Cagliostro iand if you like it check out the other movies and Tv series.

Look on ebay to find shots of the packaging but alot of sellers there dont list the company that produced the set.

BTW, I hear in Europe DVD players that can play Divx/Xvid are very popular and reasonbably priced, maybe you should consider picking one of them up so you can watch digisubs on your TV.

Messages In This Thread
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by matthewmalay - 02-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Help a new Convert decide (First post) - by rav96 - 03-17-2004, 04:13 PM