Anyone here from Australia ordered from overseas??
Dont worry about it mate, i had the same reservations as yourself before i decided to invest in imported series.

Yeah the exchange rate isnt to good, but its a hell of alot better than buying local region 4 dvd's. You wont get slapped with any GST charges, it will normally be about 10/12 $US for shipping on top of the disc cost and thats all there is. It usually only takes a week to get here aswell (from HK Vendors anyway) and the packaging is top quality. Basically they send it over as a "Gift" so there are no import taxes applied to it. although i wouldnt recomend ordering lots of titles in one go, as customs is likely to take a look at it.

I would suggest ordering 1 or 2 dvd's/series at a time, and you wont have to worry about anything. If your worried about the quality of the discs, i would recommend getting the Cowboy Bebop or Trigun series from FX ........... they should clear up any doubt regarding that!

All in all there is nothing to worry about really, order away, and enjoy the good times!

Rock Ard
The above comments are solely the insane ideas and random thoughts generated within the mind of Rock Ard.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone here from Australia ordered from overseas?? - by Rock Ard - 08-14-2002, 05:11 AM