Poll: What do you think???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DSL???
22.73%
5 22.73%
CABLE???
77.27%
17 77.27%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

I need some insight and some opinions!!!
Are you looking at DSL or ADSL?
There is a difference that most people don't look at too closely. ADSL is fast for you to download from the net but slow to upload through. DSL is fast both ways.
The main factor in speed with any DSL connection is how far you are from the nearest node in their network. The main office may be located miles away but they may have a node planted in your back yard making it super fast. Then again, you could be on the back end of a loop and not be much better off than dial up with your connection.
The main factor with Cable is how many people are running on your providers network. In my dad's neighbourhood, everyone seems to have a cable modem and it is actually slower than my dial up connection more often than not.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to find out any of the above information without trying it for yourself. For me, I would have ADSL again (I had to get rid of it to save money) just because the node point is three doors down from my house.
If you live in a community where not many people have cable modems yet, then I would definitely go with the cable connection.

I can't blindly recommend one over the other.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
I need some insight and some opinions!!! - by Zagatto - 12-14-2003, 07:30 PM