Your most disappointing anime this year?
Alright, gotta disagree with a few bits.

The same people DO make FX's DVDs. He has a 'production company' that always handles all the releases, so all problems stem from them. There are actually perfect sets, without problems, just not as many as one would like.

And an R1 rip CAN be better then the R1. If the encoder has the brains to run some filters to rid out noise, fix color corrections, (properly) sharpen the video, then reencode properly it's very possible for it to turn out better.

Or menus, those can be changed for better ones. Extras can be added, annoying subtitle colors can be changed to good ones, etc. It's rare they do this, but whenever I have a R1 rip to do, I usually try to do some of that stuff.

MAC is the one who uses Perfect Collection term, that is true. It sounds like your DVD player was the one with the problems in the Inu Yasha FX set. It seems like it was handling interlaced video improperly, and you're 'upgrade' fixed that. All the DVDs are the same, no ones perect Inu Yasha dvds are different from another's.

Ah, well I'm through. FX is one of the better ones out there, even if their packaging sucks.

Messages In This Thread
Your most disappointing anime this year? - by dvd_master - 10-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Your most disappointing anime this year? - by war - 10-22-2003, 07:51 PM