Your most disappointing anime this year?
Quote:Originally posted by vicnuts
I shouldn't have to "upgrade firmware" because of their DVDs lack of video quality.

Well, i shouldn't need to update my windows every freaking week becouse of some bug that was found somewhere, but you still need to do it to be shure it plays ...

I shouldn't need to upgrade my dvd software, becouse some video material will have a bug with that software (like a line into the video material), but it still needs to be done ...

Every software can have bug's, and upgrade's/update's are needed to fix those bugs, it's not becouse a fx disk exposes that bug on your players that it's all fx it's fault ...

Every FX release has problems ... well ... that clearly shows that your DVD players are the one's with the problems, sinds not every dvd from fx has been made by the same person (differende encoding technics), and arent all mode in the same factory, so it's impossible that every fx release has those same problems ...

I'll give you a example ... check ANF forum, for inuyasha FX. I had a problem that on playback there was a line in my video source (about 1 cm from the top), most other people dident have that ... i updated my dvd software ( bugfixes) ... guess what ... the problem in the video was gone.

Now, did i start to claim that all fx release are bad, no ... Yes, sometime's they do fuck up, nobody's perfect all the time. If you think that FX does all the ripping/dvd mastering themself, then you are dead wrong ( one person in this trait knows that better then the rest of us Wink ), so it's logical that flaws can find it's way in production run's... But that claim that all FX have problems, well then ... my answer to you, stop buying FX title's, and start buying some tv ripped/engrish sourced dvd's from AV or MI...

And also, the perfect term like was said by dvd_master, mail flora (FX) in person, and you will hardly see him use the term "perfect", he will use the product name's but thats it. Store's, and review site's will use the term *perfect* on the R1 ripped dvd's, so people know that it's a r1 rip. Mac also uses this term a lot on it's r1 rips ...

Your rip can NEVER get any better then the original material was (the max you can get is the same quality). Thats it ...

Messages In This Thread
Your most disappointing anime this year? - by Arcon - 10-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Your most disappointing anime this year? - by war - 10-22-2003, 07:51 PM