why do some ppl like their anime dubbed?
For a really neat look into the dubbing process, there is a short bit on the R1 of Mononoke Hime that gives a glimpse into what goes on. A neat side note to that particular release is that they hired Neil Gaiman to work on the translation to get a better sense of story after the translation.

Now here's something that makes me laugh out loud: people asking for a thread to be closed. If it was a TRULY pointless thread then people wouldn't respond or they would stop reading it all together. Instead, this thread has continued for a reasonable length of time. I will agree that some of these posts are getting a bit personal and there is major flame bait strewn about but I will also say that it IS interesting reading peoples opinions and finding out how they like to enjoy their anime.

I guess that's the key to any debate. Enjoy the anime. If someone likes to turn off the sound and switch between the English and Chinese subs every five minutes, then that's fine with me as long as they enjoy it that way. With anything based on opions, there isn't a right or a wrong... just opinions. No matter how many facts you use to make a case, in the end you're still stating your opinion. You can't be wrong about how you think. Just don't confuse opinion with fact and it's really hard to get into a flame war.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.

Messages In This Thread
why do some ppl like their anime dubbed? - by Zagatto - 09-29-2003, 07:32 PM