why do some ppl like their anime dubbed?
I would also like to point out that the Japanese Director of You're Under Arrest said that the American Dubbed version was better done than the original. And it is also widely acknowledged that the American dub of Bebop is better than the original.

As for emotions in the Japanese voices. They could be saying something like "My Brother just died. I'm so sad." And say it in a happy and exuberant manner and you wouldn't know if they were doing a good job or not. You would never know the difference or what they were saying unless you read the subs. So you really have no idea how well those emotions are matchign what is actually being siad.

Everyone needs to get over their biases and open their eyes. Anyone that says dubs are never as good as subs or vice versa is obviously closed minded and will never give the other a fair chance.

I'm gonna be honest and say I prefer dubs because I don't want to be reading while watching TV. That being said, I've watched many, many dubs and they are getting much better than they used to be. People really should give some dubs a chance before automatically saying it's not as good. It's sad that the Japanese directors can listen to the dubs with an open mind but American fans can't.

Messages In This Thread
why do some ppl like their anime dubbed? - by Vicious - 09-29-2003, 08:45 AM