why do some ppl like their anime dubbed?
I tend to watch my anime subbed.. But for the second viewing, I prefer to watch it dubbed, just so I've seen the series both ways. I don't know how many of you can pick up japanese words here and there by watching your anime subbed, but that's my favorite reason to skip the dubs for viewing #1.. I can usually pick up at least one new word per series. Don't get me wrong, I still can't watch anime unsubbed, but I can grasp the meanings of a lot of sentences..A few years ago, I would have never been able to say that. So, aside from enjoying the experience of listening to the original VA's, sometimes I learn new words, and sometimes I can even realize when a subtitle isn't as accurate as it could be..I do enjoy the occasional dub, but I dunno, I just feel like I get more out of a series when I watch it with Japanese audio. Ideally, though, like I would assume the majority of you, I prefer getting the bilingual versions of stuff. That way I can choose either way, and maybe watch a series with someone who refuses to watch something subbed.
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^

Messages In This Thread
why do some ppl like their anime dubbed? - by Shibo - 09-28-2003, 08:31 AM