why do some ppl like their anime dubbed?
I guess I'm just different than most of you. When I am watching TV I tend to really pay attention. I won't do other things while watching. When I watch anime now I barely turn the subs on. I can understand without them. That being said there are (and I know for a fact) some very bad japanese dubs. Especially in the case of Love Hina. I have all of the manga (in pure japanese, of course.Wink ) and would read it all the time. I got to know the characters. They had voices of my making, and a very different delivery from what the anime gives. Overall it was way (the anime) too hammy. Just lame. I'm not saying the manga was dire serious (c'mon it is Love Hina), but it was different from the anime.

I hate dubs because it seems (this is just me) that people aren't even able to tolerate something in another language, just for the sake that it is different.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36

Messages In This Thread
why do some ppl like their anime dubbed? - by kakoi_sugoi_yama - 09-27-2003, 06:52 PM