Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!!
They're cheap because of what they are. They're 3 shows with a dub that adds its own plot points and removes other ones. Robotech is Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospaeda..Each are seperate shows. The rights to all 3 series were bought up, dubs were created, and names/plots were changed to make it seem like there were 3 story arcs in the Robotech Saga. Robotech did a lot to help anime gain awareness in the states, which is a good thing, but I can't say I like the way they went about it. If you don't mind watching a dub only series created with americans in mind, pick up the discs. They're sure cheap enough.. If you want to see all of the series with their original plots intact, you can. Animeigo has released Macross in box set form.. That set has sold out and now there are 3 mini-boxes you can buy. Check them out. Mari Iijima is fantastic as Lynn Minmay. ADV has also released both Genesis Climber Mospaeda and Southern Cross as uncut box sets. I think right stuf has one of them on sale this week. Big Grin
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^

Messages In This Thread
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by six_plus_one - 08-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by Shibo - 08-15-2003, 06:33 AM
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by six_plus_one - 08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by evilomar - 08-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by DUDE! - 08-19-2003, 01:53 AM
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by evilomar - 08-19-2003, 06:08 AM
Geez, Robotech R1's are Cheap!! - by DUDE! - 08-19-2003, 03:19 PM