The people behind the silly names ^_^
Just thought I'd introduce myself and give my brief how I got into anime story. ^_^ Just got the signature lesson from JJ on the Arctic nightfall board and he mentioned that he was early 20's. I didn't feel like sharing on the nightfall board, but I'll share here cause this community is smaller. ^_^ Ok, name's Mike B., recently transplanted from Boston to Colorado, been here 2 1/2 months now.. I started watching a little bit of anime in high school, just, y'know, Akira and the like.. Enjoyed it but had no $ thru college, and no time to shop, too busy studying.. So I joined the best of Japanese Anime Columbia House thing, both 1 and 2. No shopping required there, of course.. So now I have a pile of VHS stuff, all dubbed.. I'll eventually post more of my VHS's in my trade list if you still want me to, Steve, keep in mind they're all dubs. ^_^ Once I got out of college, I had more time to spend and *gasp* some money. Am 26 now, btw. So I picked up all of the Evangelion stuff on VHS after borrowing it all from my friend Ted, who pretty much introduced me to the genre. Then I finally got that DVD player I'd been wanting and picked up Lodoss Wars OVA, which I really liked from the old Columbia House days Wink I grabbed lots of Pokemon stuff (shut up, I like pokemon) then I began kinda poking around the web and learning about other titles. My buying has been pretty slow over the past year, cause anime is expensive.. Or it least, buying *had* been slow till a friend casually mentioned to me in late May that he bought 12 Ghibli movies for $50.. He gave me the link to animeniacs, I went nuts and ordered like $200 worth of stuff, found Arctic Nightfall, and here I am. I've been ordering about 1 to 2 HK titles per week now.. Taking a break for a few weeks this month to pick up a few R1 titles I've been wanting, but I plan on buying lots and lots more stuff as the weeks progress. My current unwatched anime pile:

Rurouni Kenshin Box set 2+3 from AC/MI
Fushigi Yugi TV Box Set 1+2, OVA from AC/MI
Rurouni Kenshin OVA (Seen it but bought HK, need to watch again)
Black Heaven (Same as above, AS release)
Card Captor Sakura TV box set 1+2 (AC/MI, I watch this one very slowly because, well, it's my favorite and I want it to last)
Cowboy Bebop Perfect Collection (FX)
Got Lain and Escaflowne movie on back order, Dual R1's and Ah! My Goddess movie coming in the mail this week..

So yeah, that's me. I'll be going to Nan Desu Kan this year in Colorado. If anyone else is planning on going, let me know so we can meet up or something. =) Speaking of anyone else.. Just who the hell are you people? Respond to this thread and let us know! ~_^
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^

Messages In This Thread
The people behind the silly names ^_^ - by Shibo - 07-28-2002, 10:31 AM
The people behind the silly names ^_^ - by Shibo - 07-28-2002, 11:54 AM