Anyone recommend Anime?
It all depends on what you like or how old you are as well. I'm sure anyone here is going to recommend you the basics Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, etc etc so I will recommend you stuff I've enjoyed in my time watching anime that some people may or maynot bring up.

Ursei yatsura is another series by Rumiko Takahashi and you are already familiar with her work, its a comedy about an alien that loses a race and is falls in love with her human competitor. The animation is outdated but still kicks butt. Maison Ikkoku probably the greatest love story in anime ever told, Oh my goddess is about a poor loser who accidently dials up a Goddess line and wishes for the hot goddess to stay with him.
Robotech is a classic of course, now there are constant battles as to which one you will have to watch Macross the original or Robotech, but Robotech was a phenomenal series you have to check out. Lots of Mech action, love story and anything you can throw in a 36 episode series. Of course the original Gundam series was great but I don't know if that is available here yet as a complete set. Yamato (Starblazers) is a cult classic and when you watch all the episodes you will see why.
Windaria is a movie about a love story kind of like Romeo and juliet in a alternate time line. Now and Then, Here and There was probably one the finest pieces of work I've seen in a long time, its a sci-fi story about a boy who goes into an alternative dark future.
Ninja scroll is usually recommended but I will also throw in Dagger of Kamui both are movies about well Ninjas and set in feudal Japan. Golen Boy and Dragon Half are probably the funniest animes I have seen to this date. Excell saga was funny too.
Now lets get to the good stuff that I am sure the good people here will explain in greater detail when they post what they suggest. Evangelion, Trigun, Berserk, Noir, Hellsing, Dark City, Fist of the Northstar, Vampire Hunter D. There are countless other titles that will hook you too but like I said it is up to you what you like and don't like.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!

Messages In This Thread
Anyone recommend Anime? - by aznmnky123 - 07-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by evilomar - 07-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by Shinn Asuka - 07-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by evilomar - 07-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by Legato 2057 - 07-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by johnkillingsworth - 07-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by Vicious - 07-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by SurferX - 07-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by Sam - 07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by Japschin - 08-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Anyone recommend Anime? - by megajo53 - 08-09-2003, 04:06 PM