Is Evangelion turning into the next DBZ?
I haven't been around in anime for an extremely long time like some and can't speak for watching a series many years before most of the U.S. knew about it. When Ninja Turtles was on, I was watching that.

I was first introduced to non American syndicated anime when my friend showed me a fansub of a short series called Gunnm, known in the U.S. as Battle Angel. I thought it was brilliant, and had never seen a cartoon that made me feel that way before, so the rest is history.

For me, Rurouni Kenshin is the series that I liked and enjoyed about a year before it was broadcast on CN. I can't understand "fans" who this has happened to saying how they then hate the series because a whole bunch of people now like it. I think it's great that CN is playing Kenshin because it means more fansites, more merchandise, and a better chance of getting another Kenshin-related guest of honor at the next Anime Expo here in SoCal (last year we had the manga artist). I have an extreme dislike for the dub, which I'm sure is attributed to watching 95 TV episodes plus 4 OVA episodes plus one movie all in original Japanese. But I recognize why it's there, and if it gets more fans to the series and gives a real good anime show like Kenshin more exposure to the mass market then it's all the better. I can't imagine, being a fan of the series, disliking it for this reason.

Messages In This Thread
Is Evangelion turning into the next DBZ? - by SurferX - 07-10-2003, 08:24 PM