Ending of Berserk sucked. (semi-spoiler)
Maybe that's the reason it only had 25 episodes. Maybe they did originally intend on having 1 more, but they ren out of money.

I finally saw the last disc last night. The ending is weak in my opinion. The last 3 episodes totally deviate form the rest of the series. Most of the series is based around war and battles and all of a sudden it shifts into this supernatural demonic crap and Griffith turns into Batman. I realize that it's meant to be that way in the manga, but with the anime, they gave us different expectations.

As for the ending itself, I could care less about the other characters getting killed off, I just wanted to know how Gatts got out of it. I just assumed that Griffith let him go so he could feel pain and misery for the rest of his life and so he could continue to torture him. But Morg's last paragraph makes me think that there's more to it then that.

As for who the story revolves around. I always took it as it was Gatts story with Griffith being a main player in it. The rest were just supporting extras meant to help the storyline along. We didn't even see Cascas past or start caring about her until like episode 18 or something like that. So they could kill off whomever they wanted, I just didn't like the deviation from what they had built up in the 1st 23 epsisodes into some weird demonfest.

Messages In This Thread
Ending of Berserk sucked. (semi-spoiler) - by Vicious - 06-12-2003, 08:16 AM