Ending of Berserk sucked. (semi-spoiler)
Quote:Originally posted by Schultz
But the Anime is not.. like i said you are failing to see it. The anime is about Gutts growing over time.. Being in the band of the hawk and getting stronger and stronger.. There is NO part of it that don't include gutts.. Everything is about him.. and there really isn't nothing about the Band of the hawk.. besides Gutts intervention with them..

If you can say that then you can say that Cowboy Bebop is not about the crew of the Bebop, but just Spike, which I would disagree with severely as well. I would also be pissed off if at the end of Bebop a rogue criminal just walked on the ship and massacred Faye, Ed, and Jet for no apparent plot oriented or thematic reason.

Actually there are tons of highlights throughout the series that are not focused around Gatts. Take Caska for instance. She has her own plot and rival afforded entirely to her centered around her hatred for the Corbowitz general, and has an ENTIRE episode dedicated solely to her past. We get to know her angst over seeing Griffith with the princess, her hopes and desires, the struggles she faces as a woman in a field dominated by men. None of these are crucial to Gatts' growth, they are her own problems, and make her a unique and fleshed out character in the series. I won't even go into Griffith, that's too obvious.

Even minor characters such as Judeau have unique dreams, pasts given to them. Judeau secretly loves Caska, he was with a band of traveling minstrels, he follows Griffith because he has no confidence to forge his own dream, he was always number one in contests of slight of hand and dexterity when he was a child. All of these things have nothing to do with Gatts.

If Gatts was the sole topic of this anime and all screen time and thoughts were focused on him, and you cut out everything else, this series would be less than half as long.
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5

Messages In This Thread
Ending of Berserk sucked. (semi-spoiler) - by Vance - 06-08-2003, 12:15 PM