Man, it's been so long since I've seen any new R1 rips.
I wrote this to a fan on Animeniacs.com forum. He insisted that downloading and H K was the way to go.

quote="YaKuZa"]Yeah, but whats the point in spending $30 on buying a 3-4 episode dvd?? The japanese get to watch it for free and if they want tehy can record it so FUCK SUPPORT[/quote]

Ahhhhh do some research will you before making such a stupid statement. R2 DVDs are so expensive. A Chobits disc that contains 2 episodes for $60. Likewise the higher end series like Yu Yu Hakusho, Fist of the North Star, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, and Dragon Ball Z have sets that go for $1000.

Hmmmmm we can buy Ranma 1/2 in nice DVD sets with two ways to watch it and we spend what $700 or so, brand new (and we pay for translations). Looks like we do a little better. Oh they can watch it on TV, Noir appeared on TV at 1:15 AM. I'd be in bed a little before that so I can stay awake in school. Also we always end up missing an episode or so while it's on TV. I've missed the last 3 Simpson's episodes on TV and I ama devote fan of the series.

This 3-4 episode bull shit, look at the way things are being done, ADV releases a series with the 1 and 6 discs with 5 episodes, yes the other have 4. SRP comes to $180, look around and you can get it for $90. ADV also releases Perfect Collections which go on the internet for around $50. Also Right Stuff has put so much on His and Her Cirumstances discs, 6 episodes on the first and 5 on the rest. CPM has released a new line of Authentic anime DVDs which go for $20 brand new. AnimEigo has always kept their prices low. Look at Places like Best Buy and I gurantee that you won't be spending $30.

I don't know your age or socio-economic status, so I won't really touch upon this but let me tell you I'm just as young, as anybody on here. I got a thing called a "job". I make minimum wage which is $6.75 an hour. I do get tips, but no "time and a half" on Sundays. I split my pay checks 50-50 in order to pay for college. I still have more than enough for R1 DVDs and the solid HK releases. I don't have a huge collection, maybe 120 DVDs and 280 VHS but it makes me happy enough. Also I'm not spoiled and we actually have mone problems at home. We are far from rich.

Once again, this high and mighty atitude is a load of bull shit. And wouldn't be taken in a lot of other places.

It does hurt companies when that is all you do. Look I loved Bebop and was going to buy it on R1. Series like that are so popular, I think everybody would have shelled out the money for the series on R1 if it wasn't for FX.

I understand the importance of HK DVDs and I'm not saying they are wrong, or illegal. But don't give a stupid atitude in which you want to be some sort of Renegade. Save that for Lorenzo Llamas. I'd like to see you write a statement longer than this which actually makes some sense.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection

Messages In This Thread
Man, it's been so long since I've seen any new R1 rips. - by Steve_the_Talking_Pie - 05-14-2003, 11:59 AM