Comics
I just got back into comics. I had been collecting since from I was 9-18 and I kind of droped out of it, I stopped in my local comic shop and grabbed the latest Justice issue man thats one great book definitly a recommend and I also caught up on the ultimate spiderman. I had only had the vol 1 book and was flawed to see it up to issue 84 so I grabbed 79-84, man back issues get expensive especially for the ultimates. Now I have to pick up book vol 2-6 to catch up. Anyone else collecting or have any recommends?
I'm collecting Ultimate Iron Man right now. Not very far in. It's quite a bit different than other iron man comics and iron man looks kinda stupid, but it's kinda interesting.
You are right Justice number one was one hell of a book. I can't wait for the next issue. I recommend that you read 100 Bullets. It's one of the best comics EVER.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
My biggest complaint about Ultimate Iron Man is that it's being released quarterly. I love the story that is being developed with young Tony Stark.

100 Bullets has been a great series but I find the writing to be hit or miss at times. Some of the story arcs have really wowed me but I feel let down at times.

The one comic that I've started reading in the past year that has really blown me away is Powers. Written by Michael Bendis (the same guy who writes Ultimate Spiderman) this series blows everything else I've read out of the water. It takes the whole world full of superheroes and turns it on its ear. I've bought all the TPBs and individual issues over the course of the past three months and it just seems to get better with each passing issue.

A great one shot TPB that's out there that works well with Powers is Ultra created by the Luna Brothers. These guys are brand new on the scene and producing some solid material as well. It seems that the world they've created for Ultra goes hand in hand with the world Powers is set in. Yeah, there are people running around in tights punching each other in the face but that is the background for a much deeper story dealing with emotions of people with super powers trying to live their lives.

Yeah... I read comic books...
I've been reading them for as long as I can remember (back to the mid-70s) and I'm down at the shop every Wednesday to pick up a new fix. There are some amazing things happening in the comic industry these days and I'm happy to say that we're experiencing some of the best writing I can remember since Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Art Speigelman and Neil Gaiman started writing intelligent comics for adults.

Speaking of which, if you haven't picked it up yet, get yourself a copy of Maus. It's the only comic ever to win a Pulitzer for writing. Very powerful stuff and there's nothing else like it in the world.

If you end up liking 100 Bullets you'll probably want to check out Fell. There have only been two issues of this series so far and it's an interesting take on crime fiction with a complete story in each issue for only $1.99. It's easily one of the best values on the shelves right now.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I want to get Ultimate Iron Man. Its being writen by Orson Scott Card!!!! I stopped by my local comic shop but they only had #3, I want to find 1 and 2 first.
I don't read comics, but Alex Ross is the fucking the man. So I picked up Justice as well when I went in last time to my local shop to have the owner order me Bleach and Hunter x Hunter. I can just stare at those pages (of Justice) for hours; the book is pure art.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
I used to buy dozens of them every month some years ago but then I got to a point where they just didn't satisfy me anymore. However, I am buying Revelations at the moment. It's supposed to be only 6 issues long and it's drawn by an artist I really like, Humberto Ramos (written by Paul Jenkins). It has a "The Da Vinci Code" kind of story. I've read 2 issues so far and I find it to be rather interesting.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I used to buy dozens of them every month some years ago but then I got to a point where they just didn't satisfy me anymore.

I know the feeling... I used to have a standing order at my local store. Most were manga (back in the days of monthly issues) but I had none manga stuff in there too but they slowly faded out into just manga. I still have a couple of comic boxes full of stuff like Savage Dragon and TMNT (the Image series was amazing! Real mature unlike anything Turtles I had ever seen before) but I don't read them anymore...
-spike- Wrote:I want to get Ultimate Iron Man. Its being writen by Orson Scott Card!!!! I stopped by my local comic shop but they only had #3, I want to find 1 and 2 first.

Just look online on ebay. I got 1-3 with both foil first edition issue one covers for $10 shipping included.
gubi-gubi Wrote:they slowly faded out into just manga.

Happened to me as well. But I must say that buying comics was much better moneywise 'cause when it comes to manga I completely lose it. Big Grin
I find that its good to find a couple of series you really like and just stick to them picking up each issue instead of grabbing a lot at a time, although if your comic shop has a 50 cent bin you can find some great stuff in there sometimes.
I get a good sized number of books each month
I used to only read two books but have added several over the last few years
Currently I read these monthly books
Ultimate Xmen
Xmen
Punisher Max
Hunter Killer
Red Sonja
All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder

I got Rogue and NIghtcrawler's solo books up untill they got canceled

I tend to buy any punisher one shot or mini that comes out but I skipped on the Punisher vs Daredevil since the writter made the Punisher out to be a lunatic and because punisher vs daredevil is a story thats been done to death

Im trying to get more trade papers instead of collecting books
Im doing that with the current Wolverine series, though I only have the first TPB

As far as minis go Punisher Born, Punisher the Cell, and Punisher the End have been the best Ive read in a while, though Phoenix Endsong was very good.

I use an online subscription service so its about 30 a month usualy, but i pay for the best shipping since I dont want my books comming messed up or super late
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I used to buy dozens of them every month some years ago but then I got to a point where they just didn't satisfy me anymore.

Same here. I have like 1200-1500 comics in my basement that I want to get rid of. I'll probably hold on to some of them, but alot of them got to go. I was looking on Ebay, but it looks like there isn't much of a market for them right now. I'll just wait until the demand is there. I have like 500 spideys, the first 100 issues of Spawn, as well as most of Deadpool, a bunch of Batmans, and pretty much the first 10 issues of every Image comic that was put out along with a bunch of other crap. I'll probably hold on to Spawn, Pitt, and some of the Deadpools and Spideys. And of course I'll hold on to some one shot stuff like Marvels that was painted by Alex Ross.

I recently started getting rid of a bunch of my anime stuff too. I've sold off maybe 1/6 of it so far and have already collected about $1000 off Ebay for it.
Comics are really gay... what kind of pathetic loser reads them that are over the age of 14. Oh yeah you!!!!
Vicious Wrote:I recently started getting rid of a bunch of my anime stuff too. I've sold off maybe 1/6 of it so far and have already collected about $1000 off Ebay for it.

Are you getting tired of anime?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coolest American Comic character Ryo of Inferno 42 15,871 04-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Comic Book Information Cidien 0 1,107 04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Silent Hill Animated comic books for PSP psychooys 2 2,037 04-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Puppet Master
  Comic Book listings Cidien 6 3,305 02-24-2006, 11:00 PM
  Deadpool comics Cidien 12 6,064 02-16-2006, 10:47 AM
  Any places to find Comics scans? Blight 5 3,125 01-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Last Post: jenga
  Manga Vs. American Comics evilomar 11 5,247 02-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Last Post: rav96
  Comic underground Japan( manga) timon 3 1,914 07-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Last Post: gubi-gubi
  [it] Web Comic Teshinun 4 2,334 03-04-2004, 01:35 AM