Most Depressing
I personlly think Blue Gender has one of the most depressing endings I have ever seen, but don't get me wrong Grave of the Fireflies is way sadder.
Trigun, I loved Wolfwood.
Escaflowne sad ending -_-

which then again I even got depressed at the end of Gundam Wing....
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Barefoot Gen is up there with Grave of the Fireflies.
I was rather upset that Wolfwood died, but not depressed. Faye and Ed leaving the bebop was real sad too.
I have to go with Grave of the Fireflies
That thing ought to be called
Depressing: The Anime
End of Eva is also pretty sadtastic
as is Berserk.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Hidalgo Wrote:I have to go with Grave of the Fireflies
That thing ought to be called
Depressing: The Anime
End of Eva is also pretty sadtastic
as is Berserk.

It can't be THAT Depressing...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:It can't be THAT Depressing...
hahahahaha, you have NO idea...
Grave of the Fireflies is probably the saddest film EVER; live action or animated.

Its been mentioned so many times for a reason.
Watch it and then let everyone know what you think.
If you can honestly say its not one of the most depressing movies you have ever seen,
then you my friend are truely hardcore.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman

you should watch it and decide for yourself.
tears and a whole lot of it.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
rarnom Wrote:hahahahaha, you have NO idea...
Grave of the Fireflies is probably the saddest film EVER; live action or animated.

I second what rarnom has to say. After you see it let us know what you think.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
I will see what exactly is so depressing about it. I did do some partial research and it sounds like its definatly meant to be a depressing movie and from what I can gather its intent truly was to show some of the darkness that has happened over time. But I will check it out when I get the chance...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I saw Grave of Fireflies to and I think you guys might be exaggerating a little. Don't get me wrong it is certainly one of the most deppersing films ever but now Puppet Master might be expecting a little to much. Lain is sad to and one of my favorite animes.
Even Buddha can only be tried so far! - Yakuza saying
Grave of the Fireflies was fantastic depressing movie. However if you have seen Barefoot Gen, it might not be that depressing. Arcadia of My Youth, Windaria, Railroad to the Stars and Dog of Flanders are pretty sad as well. However, I don't care if some don't consider it anime, nohting will ever make me cry as much as when Optimus Prime died in Transformers the movie.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I think the most depressing moment was when Nuriko died in Fushigi Yugi. That made me weep ;_;.
[Image: WinterSonata.jpg]

A dream is like snow, it falls then it fades away through time...

~Ryoku Slayer~
Here are the ones that I think are sad..Some just have alot of sad parts too.. Sad *tears*

Grave of the Fireflies
A dog of Flanders
Vampire Princess Miyu Ova
Kannon
Chrono Crusade
Lain Serial Experiments
Now and Then,Here and There
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Ruroni Kenshin OVAS
Noir
She, The Ultimate Weapon
Key The metal Idol
Ayashi no Ceres
Kiddy Grade
Millennium Actress
Hoshi no Koe
Gunslinger Girl
Revolutionary Girl Utena
NaruTaru

Oh! and yeah! it's a long list sadly I seen them all.I say sadly because I like happy,cheerful,type movies/shows. :p Smile
If all flower's were roses, they wouldn't be as sweet.
Sailor moon