New PS2?!
Heres a link to the article:http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/...07997.html

Looks really cool, so skinny.
yeah it does i remember a long time ago they were giving away some red, gold, and a few other color ps2s those were really cool
Once the threads of fate are tangled they can never be undone..
Looks really cool. But I read on I think it was IGN saying it either coudn't go online or had troubles and it also couldn't run other stuff the normal PS2 could.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518
Well the old multi-tap won't work anymore, so you will have to buy a new one. Still can't see why they couldn't just put 4 controller ports in, they are just trying to suck as much money out of people as they can.
"The best way to a girls bed is trough her parents, have sex with them and your in for sure!" -- Zap Branigan
new package same old machine though. I have to wonder if Sony developed to newer version of the PS2 so they wouldn't have to lower the price they sell the PS2. I remember SEGA Genesis did that some years ago finally getting to the Genesis 3 which was the same base wise as the first one only had a different shell
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
Ryujin Wrote:they are just trying to suck as much money out of people as they can.

And the awnswer is....yes.
There can be tears of sadness, and there can be tears of joy, but they are far from the same.

King Of Bandits Jing

My DVD trade list:
http://www.import-anime.com/forums/showt...php?t=4518
this one has a built in broadband and modem port. also it has 75% less case noise. and damn it's sexy.
<3's and razorblades
makes me think of the episode of south park chinpoko mon. "very small, very small our penis very small."

its like they release a huge version and then come out with a smaller it seems sony will do this again cause its now twice they have done it so i guess ill wait till ps3 will be redesigned so i can have the smaller and cheaper version in 2010 maybe 2011.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
It's probably harder to install a modchip into, let alone comptability issues, so I'm not so interested, no matter how sexy it looks.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
Personally i wasnt surpriced at all, i been wondering for ages whentheyd release one. it might beome like a trademark now, seen as they id it wivthe origanal PS now the ps2.Maybe next the ps3. seems they liketo shrink things down
I am more of a Nintendo fan.. But i gotta say. Sony isn't the first ones to do it.. I mean look you got a New Version of the NES when the SNES came out.. you also got a Slicker version of the SNES after time.. Also the gameboy does anyone remember the Pocket Gameboy it was alot smaller.. So this isn't new for a company and definatly Sony isn't the first ones to do it.. Its just a marking gimic and well most people will buy into it.
i got a Gameboy pocket for free when i opened a bank acount when i was young

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did you guys see the new PS2, its so small! check out the pics JunkieJoe 13 5,061 11-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Last Post: Ryujin
  New Final Fantasy VII Spinoff for PS2 animefan777x 31 13,724 10-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Last Post: ouijaouija
  new direction PS2 AKUMA 6 4,667 10-23-2003, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Shibo