Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New PS2?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heres a link to the article:http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/...07997.html

Looks really cool, so skinny.
yeah it does i remember a long time ago they were giving away some red, gold, and a few other color ps2s those were really cool
Looks really cool. But I read on I think it was IGN saying it either coudn't go online or had troubles and it also couldn't run other stuff the normal PS2 could.
Well the old multi-tap won't work anymore, so you will have to buy a new one. Still can't see why they couldn't just put 4 controller ports in, they are just trying to suck as much money out of people as they can.
new package same old machine though. I have to wonder if Sony developed to newer version of the PS2 so they wouldn't have to lower the price they sell the PS2. I remember SEGA Genesis did that some years ago finally getting to the Genesis 3 which was the same base wise as the first one only had a different shell
Ryujin Wrote:they are just trying to suck as much money out of people as they can.

And the awnswer is....yes.
this one has a built in broadband and modem port. also it has 75% less case noise. and damn it's sexy.
makes me think of the episode of south park chinpoko mon. "very small, very small our penis very small."

its like they release a huge version and then come out with a smaller it seems sony will do this again cause its now twice they have done it so i guess ill wait till ps3 will be redesigned so i can have the smaller and cheaper version in 2010 maybe 2011.

-LE
It's probably harder to install a modchip into, let alone comptability issues, so I'm not so interested, no matter how sexy it looks.
Personally i wasnt surpriced at all, i been wondering for ages whentheyd release one. it might beome like a trademark now, seen as they id it wivthe origanal PS now the ps2.Maybe next the ps3. seems they liketo shrink things down
I am more of a Nintendo fan.. But i gotta say. Sony isn't the first ones to do it.. I mean look you got a New Version of the NES when the SNES came out.. you also got a Slicker version of the SNES after time.. Also the gameboy does anyone remember the Pocket Gameboy it was alot smaller.. So this isn't new for a company and definatly Sony isn't the first ones to do it.. Its just a marking gimic and well most people will buy into it.
i got a Gameboy pocket for free when i opened a bank acount when i was young