what r your thoughts?
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
They suck ass because you're making them suck ass. Stop comparing them so much to their predecssors, and just try to play the game as a fresh new game, with no grudges or favoritism towards past titles. You'll find that you'll enjoy the games a lot more that way, instead of thinking, "This sucks compared to the last one" all the time when playing.

No, they still just suck. Even without comparing, damn they still suck. There is no heart put into them, its all about the money. Then again, like I stated before, I think I grew out of that genre. Out of all the games you stated Kingdom Hearts was entertaining, but still lacked something.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
True, it lacked something, but it also had certain elements that older RPGs didn't have, including voice acting and superior graphics. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little, there's often a compromise that needs to be made in the limited time developers have to create a game. That's why I actually like companies such as NipponIchi, who don't rely on flashy-3D graphics to tell their story, but are able to create RPG titles such as Disgaea and La Pucelle, using 2D sprites and limited 3D, to create titles that are just as popular and even more appreciated some mainstream titles amongst RPG fans. In return, they're able to use words and dialogue to create a much more vivid story than those in many flashy 3D titles I've played lately.

Btw, for those of you who loved Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is the ticket for you. Also, at this month (August), Phantom Brave, the sequel to Disgaea, is making it's debut in North America. So definitely something to look forward to. It's got me even more excited than Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, which releases on the same day. That title hasn't excited me much since it was confirmed that it was going to be english dub ONLY, which is a bummer, considering the Japanese version had AWESOME seiyuus to fill the roles.

Expect perfection, and you will be let down. Expect a game that will make you want to keep playing, but may have its flaws, and you'll have a great time. I learned a long time ago to not expect everything, and to look both the pros and cons before judging a title so harshly, particularly if I HAVEN'T completed the game.
You guys are talking about all the flashy graphics ect. Even with all the new graphics ect a good old fashion RPG phantasy star, Dragon warrior ect will always rank higher, because these cames though lacking all the bells and whisles had substance
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga