Kenshin question
I'm only on episode 12 of Kenshin. It's one of my all time favorite, but I'm just totally drawn into KOR. I'm renting the R1's, my local store has up to Vol. 18. I tried to watch the series subtitled, except for some reason the Japanese Audio was messed up on the DVD so I watched it dubbed. I actually like the dub better and glad that the audio problem happened.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

I'm only on episode 12 of Kenshin. It's one of my all time favorite, but I'm just totally drawn into KOR. I'm renting the R1's, my local store has up to Vol. 18. I tried to watch the series subtitled, except for some reason the Japanese Audio was messed up on the DVD so I watched it dubbed. I actually like the dub better and glad that the audio problem happened.

Yea kenshin rocks.. just got DVD 19 in. have watched all of the fansubs but it is great to be able to watch them in DVD quality now.. But about the Dub.. Kenshins voice is horrible in english.. just horrible.. Sana's and Aouishi or how ever you spell it is allright but Kenshins is just plain horrible.. I even had a person that don't watch anime at all watch a few fansubbed episodes and then the movie and player on laptop was messed up and couldn't select the japanese audio and he couldn't even stand to watch it..
I watched my anime subtitled, but for some reason the Kenshin DUB wasn't that bad at all. I really like the DUB voice for Kenshin. I'm really enjoying it, though not really sure why. I actually prefer some dubs to subs (especially Ranma 1/2, Kenshin, possibly Maison Ikkoku, Golden Boy, Cowboy Bebop and Princess Mononoke).

I didn't like the Kenshin dub at all..Though some of the voices are in a way accurate..It just feels weird hearing the dub version after watching the subs for so many years...Also, I didn't appreciate it how lame the attacks sounded..
I agree how you just can't look at some series dubbed. I cold never see a KOR, Urusei Yatsura, Marmalade Boy, Kodomo No Omocha, or Cat Girl Nuku Nuku dub. On the opposite end I can't really see myself watching a Ranma 1/2 sub. I've watched so much of the series (2 complete seasons, a couple of episodes missing from the 3rd, and some of the 4th. 2nd movies and vols 1,2,6 of OAV) dubbed, a sub just seems weird.

Its weird Ranma 1/2 i can watch in Either.. they are both good voices for a dub and sub.. if i am doing something and not fully watching the tv i generally listen to Dub but if i am purely watching it then i generally watch it in subs.. the other series i think are great in Dubs are for one Slayers.. excellent dub.. Dragonball Z i have gotten used to. Also some movies like Armitage III and Vampire Hunter D.. and classic as you said Mononoke Hime
It's funny, a first impression is important. I usually go for the subs, but sometimes I have to rent or buy (used) a dub. I then get used to it and like it. Gundam Wing was a series I started watching dub and now I can not imagine switching to the sub. I watched the first 24 episodes of Maison Ikkoku dubbed by VIZ (bought the first video used for $9.95 and the other 11 at retail for $24.95, you do the math). When I learned that the dub ended I realized I had to change to the sub. I found the HK and ended up buying it as soon as I could. It's unfortunate because the dub was one of the better out there. I really enjoyed Ellen Kennedy as Kyoko Otonashi. Hopefully one day VIZ will continue with the dub and finish the series sub. I'll pick it up the day that it comes out on R1.

Yes most of it is first impressions.. But i know one i am really picky about Original Story lines.. And i hate all the extra stupid stuff Dubs generally put in in some series.. i know in Dbz there are parts where viz will put comments when no one said anything at all in the japanese versions.. or they change things around.. like in Generator Gawl.. Some points in the subs and dubs were 100% different.
Yeah well DBZ was too hardcore for America's Youth (laughing uncontrollably). Actually VIZ wasn't the culprit, it was Pioneer / Funimation, which is powered by Studio Ocean (does the dub). Actually Studio Ocean did VIZ dubs too, Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku, I know for sure. Any dub will be down right shitty if they try to dumb it down for a young audience.

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Yeah well DBZ was too hardcore for America's Youth (laughing uncontrollably). Actually VIZ wasn't the culprit, it was Pioneer / Funimation, which is powered by Studio Ocean (does the dub). Actually Studio Ocean did VIZ dubs too, Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku, I know for sure. Any dub will be down right shitty if they try to dumb it down for a young audience.

Doh yea i know i didn't mean to type viz.. hehe i know Pioneer did the first 53 of dbz and Funimation has done the rest.. I guess i just had ranma on my head.. hehe right now i am watching Those who hunt elves.. my god is it hilarious.
Awesome show. Watch the DUB after the sub. It is decent and deserves a quick check.

Well i don't have a choice.. its old VHS tapes a frieend on mine had.. So its a mix of the subs and dubs.. hehe though going to buy it on DVD.. ;o) like it alot..
and couldn't stand my post count being lower then yours! hehe ;o)
I see. So you started playing God, didn't you?!?! Heh just kidding. The first time I saw I was kind of shocked. I thought you stayed up all night posting, now that would have been great.[/siz]

Schultz are you affiliated with the site or are you a hacker? After I stated that my title was the squirrel man, it changed. I thought you did something but I wasn't sure. I'm totally perplexed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about MAC's Rurouni Kenshin OVA & Movie Ultimate Collection RF_InSAnE 4 3,059 03-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Last Post: RF_InSAnE
  Kenshin OVA question jarjar111 1 1,789 03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Last Post: CrayonShinChan
  Question about Kenshin FX perfect tv set PirateKing 3 2,415 08-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Last Post: PirateKing
  Kenshin Question LordMelkor 8 4,022 09-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Last Post: LordMelkor
  Rurouni Kenshin TV Series - HK DVDs question... Marjoh 2 2,518 11-28-2002, 07:44 PM
Last Post: matthewmalay
  Question about the Rurouni Kenshin DVDs nasumi 1 2,791 04-21-2002, 04:32 AM
Last Post: JunkieJoe