Kenshin question
Okay, I'm rather informed when it comes to Rurouni Kenshin. I'm going to guess I'm posting this in the right part of the forum, but if not, bare with me. Okay, here goes.

What's the difference between the Manga DVD set and the Anime Studios DVD Set? I have the Manga DVD set of the first half of the series, and I'm thinking of buying the second half with the recently aquired money I have, but I'm not sure which is the better investment. Anime Studios has let me down in the past (Fushigi Yuugi OAV, and Gundam X. Both were poorly subbed ) yet Manga didn't do so well on my Kenshin set either. ( For episodes 13-20, half of the audio was not even translated. It left me wondering what I missed )

I guess my question is, what is the better buy. I thank you for any imput.
To be honest I have no idea which is better... have a feeling that AS is a rip of MI release though
Check out the R1s expensive yes.. but no problem on subs or dub. Yes for people who want to know, I'm watching the series dubbed.
*Sigh* I'm gonna seem like an idiot but what is an R1?

[Image: aoshisig.gif]
Nah it's cool. R1's refer to region 1. North American DVDs are region 1. R1 refers to the DVDs you would buy in a store. They are the DVDs released by North American companies.
Ah, well, I don't have the money to get the R1s of Kenshin, because I just got the R1 set of Slayers TRY on DVD and only have enough left to get Kenshin DVD set 2 subbed. So...I'll just get it that way. Though, the R1 isn't horrible, I'm not too fond of some of the voices. Aoshi's voice is good, but Hajime's voice...I wasn't so fond of. Neither with Kenshin's, though I liked his Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (dub) voice better.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Never got into Slayers. Guess I just don't have the time. Save some money up and buy the HK Maison Ikkoku set.
You should check out the Kimagure Orange Road series. I don't know how the HK set is because I bought the animeigo one. Though I know the show itself is incredible. Not as good as Maison Ikkoku but very close. I hear that the Kimagure Orange Road HK set are from fan subs. I know that the Maison Ikkoku one is.
It looks good. Seeing I start my job tomorrow, I'll get the money soon. Thanks for the tip!
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

You should check out the Kimagure Orange Road series. I don't know how the HK set is because I bought the animeigo one. Though I know the show itself is incredible. Not as good as Maison Ikkoku but very close. I hear that the Kimagure Orange Road HK set are from fan subs. I know that the Maison Ikkoku one is.

The KOR set from HK that i got wasn't that great.. the are some times the subs aren't there.. and mostly engrish.. But i had to buy the one from Animeigo since i love teh Series so much.. though I wish they would of added the OAV's onto this.. but o well.. ;o)
Definately. Have you been watching anime for a while?
Well, I've been watching anime since about 1997. I had an odd sense of anime enjoyment. X Tv, Rayearth, Slayers, Kenshin, Tenchi...things like that get a good kick out of me. Fushigi Yuugi was a tear jerker, and I'm working a fanfiction off of it, and Cowboy Bebop is great. I could talk all weekend about my choices on anime, really.
Same here. I watched anime in a very weird way. I was a mild viewer for about 6 years. I turned into a hardcore otaku about 2 years ago.
I've amassed a scary collection of about 41 DVDs and over 250 VHS!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

I've amassed a scary collection of about 41 DVDs and over 250 VHS!!!!

Compared to that, I have a tiny collection. 30 DVDs and about 60 VHS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about MAC's Rurouni Kenshin OVA & Movie Ultimate Collection RF_InSAnE 4 2,917 03-30-2005, 04:09 AM
Last Post: RF_InSAnE
  Kenshin OVA question jarjar111 1 1,709 03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Last Post: CrayonShinChan
  Question about Kenshin FX perfect tv set PirateKing 3 2,274 08-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Last Post: PirateKing
  Kenshin Question LordMelkor 8 3,732 09-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Last Post: LordMelkor
  Rurouni Kenshin TV Series - HK DVDs question... Marjoh 2 2,412 11-28-2002, 07:44 PM
Last Post: matthewmalay
  Question about the Rurouni Kenshin DVDs nasumi 1 2,704 04-21-2002, 04:32 AM
Last Post: JunkieJoe