Import Anime Forums

Full Version: R1 vs. HK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I still would, if I had the money for everything that is, just to ride my helocopter to the top of mount everest and yell "I HAVE EVERY ANIME IN EXISTANCE!!!" but that being the only reason :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
have u guys tried rippin them urself??
I like R1's a little better because you are garenteed excellent quality. But then again, if you look hard enough, you can find some sets that are just as good and for a 1/4 of the price!
Quote:Originally posted by "Boogymonster"

have u guys tried rippin them urself??
I dont know where to begin.
yeah, dvd to svcd or divx. I don't have a dvd burner and don't plan to get one anytime soon. If its a dvd9 ypu've got to split it up into 2 dvdrs or re-encode everything, too much of a hassle for such a big investment.

You can get nice quality with svcds and with divx I dont mind watching stuff on my PC so its all good.
Now all I need to do is to find a place where I can rent anime DVDs, a bigger hard drive would really help to :mrgreen:
it was great this guy was selling this movie, I forget what it was, but it was just in theatres and he had a ton of copies on dvd.. but apperently when you watch them you could hear coughs and such, and the sides of the screen where thaf of a movie thetre, pretty funny eh? :mrgreen:
That's how most ghetto bootlegs are made. People sneak camcorders into the theatres and record them and then make copies and try selling them.
yeah, but I would be really dissapointed if I bought, for example, a lord of the rings two towers dvd, and then getting someones video, with horrible audio and video, made with their shaking hands, and an annoying audience.
That's how pretty much all bootlegs of Hollywood movies are. If you don't want that, shell out the $20 for the official copy.
Twenty dollars isn't a bad price to pay for a DVD. It is when they want $30 dollars for three episodes that pisses me off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
yeah, and in times like that you turn to HK. :mrgreen: but yeah, I done think 20 bucks is that bad, each dvd where I live is 30, no matter how mutch footage is on it.
I think things are getting better, I just preordered Kiki for 15$US and bought Sakura Diaries 30$. I saw amazon.com selling all 6 cowboy bebop dvds for 100$ (not the boxset version). Just gotta know where to look.

Of course they are still a ton of ripoffs, but as OpOX said "in times like that you turn to HK". Hehe
yes, and I stand by my words. :mrgreen: hmmmm.... looks like your getting some pretty nice deals MM, I have yet to find a standard R1 dvd for less then $25.

but I guess as you said " just gotta know where to look" :mrgreen:
Matthew, where'd you find Kiki for $15? Cheapest site I know has it for $20.
www.amazon.ca The Ghibli movies are 26$CDN each (17-18$US), plus you can use the coupon CANADAVCARDS to get 10$CDN off a minimum purchase of 50$CDN. All preorders are 30% off. Shipping is free to canadians on orders 39$ or more

I'm gonna pick up DNA2 soon, the 1st volume is around 18$US and the 2nd is on preorder for 14$US.

You got to search for the titles, you won't be able to find them by browsing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6