Import Anime Forums

Full Version: new Evangelion????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was searching some japanese sites and found something.I wonder what it is. http://www.evangelion.co.jp
Haruka
It's a complete redraw of Eva, pretty much. It's not really worth much. To reserve a copy it's $350.
I thought the new EVA was just a myth.
It's not "new." Gainax is redoing the series AGAIN to sell it AGAIN. ~_~

[Image: evarenewal_01.jpg]

That's what the new version looks like. Nice and clean. Redrawn.

CDNow Japan has this to say: Seven years since it's original airdate, Evangelion will be back. The 2003 version is digitally remastered with a new telecine, and features an upgraded 5.1 sound. This "taikenban( 01 TEST-TYPE )" (sampler) DVD includes the remastered episode 1, along with a newly edited full-length intro, "Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis (Cruel Angel's Thesis)." Sleeve cover artwork by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/topics/eva/index.html
The one on the right is the new one, correct? :mrgreen:
Yeah :wink:
BOOOOOOYEAH!!!! That's really sad. There really isn't a difference. Leave a good thing alone Gainax. Make a new Gunbuster. :wink:
There's a difference on Shinji. Not to mention they've added a ton of extras. Made a bunch of episodes longer. Redid a LOT of bad animation (there were some really bad scenes later on). I think it's a good thing - but at a terrible price Confusedweatdrop:
That is a terrible price to pay. I'm happy with the way it is, but Gainax likes to milk thier baby for all it's worth. :x Cry Confusedweatdrop:
No shit, Kakoi. EVA seems to be there only money maker these days. They release an anime and it bombs, they can always go back to EVA. Oh know, there proftis are dropping! Rerelease EVA! Oh no, we need more money! License some scantily clad EVA girl statues. It's sickening almost.
At the fact that I couldn't tell from the slpit cell which one is the old transfer and which is new makes me not excited about this rerelease...

Hmm..I wonder if it will be released in the US? Knowing me..I would probable get it..but first I would have to sell my R1s..or no..they should have a trade in. But I doubt they would ever do that.
~Todd
Hey, Kare Kano rocks!!!! Gainax had a serious hit with that. Gunbuster is an even better series because it follows the laws of space and physics. Yes despite how nice it sounds, there are no explosions heard in space. Also folks there is a difference in aging in space, than there is on earth. :mrgreen:
FLCL and Mahoromatic made by Gainax are good also.
Haruka
I agree FLCL is a very good show.
Quote:Originally posted by "Raining Upwards"

Hmm..I wonder if it will be released in the US? Knowing me..I would probable get it..but first I would have to sell my R1s..or no..they should have a trade in. But I doubt they would ever do that.
~Todd

I forgot to mention. New Gainax release has no English subs.
Pages: 1 2 3