Import Anime Forums

Full Version: new Evangelion????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I actually paid through paypal with a debit card.

I popped it in and just watched a random episode somewhere in the middle (I think it was 14 or 15, it was the recap) and the quality overall seemed superb. It got a little grainy at a couple of points, and seemed a little too bright in a couple of others, but really nothing you wouldn't expect a little of from any HK DVD. If every episode is of that quality then this truly is an awesome set. I'm most curious about the movies though.

I'll watch a lot more tomorrow :mrgreen:
Yeah, I'd cry if they ripped the messed over Manga Video copies and not the newer ones. :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "Vance"

I'll give a full quality report and review in a couple of days. :mrgreen:
Please, when you review this set, can you confirm me one thing?
I've read on AnimeOnDVD that the US release of Eva has some parts of the video covered by English replacements:

Quote:many signs are covered up with obvious English replacements, as are a few other things which do appear to have been tampered with. Now I don't know whether ADV still has the Japanese original video data to remaster from, but I really don't like it when people mess with the video - I'd rather see the show as it was intended instead of being mangled with by an American video editing crew.
Can you tell me if this happens in this set? They review a remastered copy of the 1st disk, and they say that all was removed and translated only with soft-subs. I hope AnonymousHK did their homeworks good and took the right one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I don't know if this happens on the other DVDs too. Maybe someone can explain me?
And is it true that Manga Int'l mangled the films?
Not nescessarily. People give the English Eva hell because ADV and Manga tried to do some video restoration, but ended up making the video seem a little more "red" than it is in the official R2s.
Pages: 1 2 3