Import Anime Forums

Full Version: JJ arrested.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
w0w.. its been a long time since i've check this site out.. but damn!! jj hang in there.... donation?? ya i'm up for that, where's the box?
Schultz Wrote:Yea. Well the little update i got .. The crown i guess wasn't ready on there orignal prelim court date so they pushed it back a week or 2. Hopefully will find out more information in the upcoming week or so.

<snipsnipsnip>
Wow! I came back to this site because I was interested in chobits, and hoped to get it, but had no idea all this was going down. I really hope things work out for jj
So, any new update on whats going on? WHat about an online account from the court system on charges and stuff. Many place have online documentation about this stuff. Quite interested about it all.
Only thing i have heard is that they were suppose to finally have final disclosure on the whole case. JJ hadn't gotten in touch with his lawyer yet to see what he found out. He was hoping to find out something today or so. I also asked him about if they had anything online and he was not sure since the case isn't fully in court yet, they are only in the disclosure phase at the moment.
This is bad news, i havn't been on in over a year, i just happened to have a desire for something new, and this Happens. CJV is gone too. I hope everything works out for JJ.:mad:
its been sometime since i have been on...but i have to say fuck the man and its sad they have to try and hold us down...fight the power
curiouscarlos Wrote:its been sometime since i have been on...but i have to say fuck the man and its sad they have to try and hold us down...fight the power

What are you... like 13?
Yea i mean there is nothing to fight. What JJ was doing was illegal, he was selling bootlegs. The thing about it was the canada has wasted so much money / resources on such a small guy. That's the thing that sucks. i guess this investigation had been opened from like 2004 or 2005. So a few years before they actually busted him.

The only thing that we can hope / wish for is that he gets out of this with little damage hopefully not much of a record and only fines. Would suck if JJ actually had to do jail time, even more waste of resources. And just an update i guess they have another hearing like in begginning of April so it still looks like they have not done the full disclosure. Man i thought the US legal system was slow.
Damn, that sucks. We all know it was illegal, but some of the charges he was being charged with really make no sense. Importing with the intent to fraud... well if they disclose that the goods aren't the official releases and people are buying bootlegs how is it fraud...

But eh, we all know it's illegal, but seriously, there are MUCH bigger people wanna go after. Resellers aren't the problem, it's the people who make the bootlegs, but yeah, doesn't matter to many people.

Surprised to hear it was going on for a couple years on JJ, you'd think you would have suspected something if it's been going on a while, seen something, looked into different records, changed things.

A full raid seemed over the top though, but thanks for all the updates.
Ya I dunno what the investigators do. A couple years? You'd think they'd be able to find people like sundevil pretty quick if they actually tried. JJ didn't seem too hard to track down..... but whatever.
Well i don't think Sundevil is in Canada are they? Also more and more this goes on i am thinking this is part of Canada's crack down on this type of stuff. Also since they have been labeled as being a coutry with a bad problem of copyright infringement.
ya pussy want to fight?
calm down, no reason to be pickin' fights over the internet, not to mention its a little bit cowardly cuase you know you will never have to face any of us. we must take responcablity for our actions and that includes breaking the law. we have laws to try to protect us and they can't be just be ignored. although in the respect of our responcabitly to jj. is there anything we can to to back jj? i keep seeing the idea of a donation fund to help with his expences but i haven't see one implmented. is there a reason? can we write letters to someone? i would like to back jj any way possible.
lol i was just joking like im gonna ask someone if they want to fight online...and you sound like a prude f.y.i. keep it up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12