Import Anime Forums

Full Version: A SPHiatt.com Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Has anybody ever ordered from these guys before?

How fast do they ship the stuff if you select free shipping?

How long does it take too process a money order?

I heard they take a long time too process the money? Is that true? Heard that from here actually..

Thanks a bunch! Big Grin
Simple answer - DONT USE THEM! They lie and cheat and dont respond to emails (not even paypal complaint emails!). Read this HUGE thread on why they are crap - http://arcticnightfall.com/boards/showth...adid=19453
Via Paypal, they usually ship out between 1-2 days, unless items are backordered.
M.O: They take between 7-10 days to get your stuffs out.
(Some ppl (Ebay) claimed that they sent M.O, cashed, but items never sent)
Free Shipping: 10-14 days delivery.
You can upgrade to Priority but sometimes, may due to tttttttoooonnnnssss of orders, they sometimes 'forget' to send via Priority and send via media.
Customer Service: None

Just don't buy their supposedly "licensed" set. I know of a few ppl who got HKs instead of R1s.
Avoid at all costs! The dumbass took over a god damn month to get me the right item. Bought Berserk on December 24th he sent Black Jack. Took until Febuary to get everything right and never got the $ back for shipping. So he is a liar a thief and a piece of shit.
O wow that blows, looks like I will not buy from them.... Sad There shipping is too nice....
I bought a love hina dvd set from them through ebay and got a defective set. When I sent an e-mail asking for an exchange, the didn't bother responding back and I had to keep the set. They also took a long time just to leave a simple opinion for me at ebay.

avoid them at all cost
I love this seller. Never had a problem with him before. I've brought multiple times from Seth and Paula through ebay and through the sphiatt.com site. He usually ships the next day and sends out an e-mail w/ a tracking number. If you order with the free shipping, it is media mail, which usually takes a week to arrive. I think he's really trustworthy. Twice I have had bad disks that needed replacement. He sent me replacement disks free of charge. And one time, I had a really bad set and decided I didn't want to bother with it.. he refunded me my money through paypal. And there was also another time when my package was lost (the tracking thing never updated that it was sent to my apartment) and I was sent another package free of charge. I don't think they're that great w/ answering e-mails because they are so busy but there is a phone number to call that you can get from the contact info of the website. That's how I always communicate with them. I never pay with money orders or check so don't know about that. I've had good experiences with them and will definately buy again. Actually, I just placed an order of two Ranma sets from sphiatt couple of minutes ago.

I can understand how people are complaining but it sounds like it's because they sent e-mails and didn't call.. if you ever have problems with them, call them directly and they'll take care of the problem.
No, most people don't like them because they LIE and claim to sell R1's then sell HK's.
Yeah Nina, read the thread that Gubi Gubi linked to and it WILL change your mind (well maybe not but it did with me).

BTW, can you still pay through paypal with them? They must have had so many reversed charges through complaints lately that I expected that paypal locked their account.
I've had an ok experience with this individual however only though ebay and at that time no R1 claims were made by the seller.

The posted link and info certainly should be considered before purchasing anything from this seller.

It will be unlikely that I'll be purchasing anything further though this individual even in light of overall decent experice I've had dealing with them though ebay.
Even if I had great experiences with a seller I wouldn´t continue to use them knowing they lie and cheat to other customers. It´s just not right to support that. If they can lie about one thing then it´s certain they will lie about something else in the end. Especially selling bootlegs as R1s, thats the worst thing in the HK world.
They couldn't be worse than animediscount.

Ohh the horror...
Hey elcoholic, when I had placed my order, their paypal link wasn't working.. something about an old paypal certificate.. so I had to pay by sending money to their e-mail address. I did notice a while back that they were advertizing both R1's and HK's but I've never brought any R1's from them... sucks so many people got ripped off.
I ordered my marmalade boy set from him for $50 through ebay (thankfully all on DVD9's, appears to be an older version of the MI set). I paid on a Tuesday and got my discs via priority on Friday. No complaints I guess, although a question I e-mailed to him about shipping did go unanswered. Actually didn't know about HK bootlegs when I bought them, just assumed they were licensed for elsewhere in the world, but the guy appears to pretty clear about his stuff being imports/regionless regardless.
Whats wrong with animediscount?

Thanks guys for posting, I am staying away from that site..... Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4