Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Samurai Champloo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone else bought this yet? I just bought the entire series off Ebay. It's the new series by ShinichirĂ´ Watanabe, the guy who brought you Cowboy BeBop. I just got it today and I'm getting ready to watch it. It looks awesome.
its a pretty good series, i have it on fansub. personally, i enjoy champloo much better than bebop. it has a sense of continuity that bebop lacks.
Well this sucks, I can't find my remote to go to the play all episodes option. I'll have to go buy a universal remote so I can watch it now >_<...
Don't get all excited about having the 'complete' set quite yet. Apparently there will be 26 episodes and also if you are keeping track of the R1 release it is going to have 7 volumes, which fits for 26 eps.

btw, I love your avatar. Big Grin
Thanks Tongue.

I watched the first 4 episodes last night and so far I am loving it! The episodes pick up right where the last one left off, it's nice to see a series that does that. Animation is exactly what you'd expect from Shinichiro Watanabe, top notch! The fan-subs are great too because they have explanations at the top of the screen if there's ever a word or phrase that we wouldn't understand in America.
Sucks when you buy something off of Ebay that is easily downloadable. Not to pick on you or anything.
Meh, it was only 20 bucks and it was a lot more convienent.
How good are the subtitles?^ Did you buy the HK box set or homemade?
It's homemade. I couldn't ask for better subtitles. Fansubs always seem to be better than the real deal for some reason.
The Maniac Wrote:It's homemade. I couldn't ask for better subtitles. Fansubs always seem to be better than the real deal for some reason.

What is it, a homemade dvd made with video and audio from fansubs or is it a dvd made from R2 or TVrips with selectable subs?
He just said it was homemade..........
jarjar111 Wrote:He just said it was homemade..........

Yeh and...? I asked what the source was for the homemade dvds... Fansub video or video sourced from R2's or TV...
Then I am sorry...... :o
jarjar111 Wrote:Then I am sorry...... :o

You are Forgiven Wink
The Maniac Wrote:The fan-subs are great too because they have explanations at the top of the screen if there's ever a word or phrase that we wouldn't understand in America.
Fan-Subs Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3