Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Samurai Champloo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What do you mean by that?^
jarjar111 Wrote:What do you mean by that?^
Gubi-Gubi wanted to know if it was a Fansub or R2s/TV. The video and audio appear to be from the Japanese dvd as the video quality is top-notch. The Subtitles are fan-subs. I hope that answers his question.
The Maniac Wrote:Gubi-Gubi wanted to know if it was a Fansub or R2s/TV. The video and audio appear to be from the Japanese dvd as the video quality is top-notch. The Subtitles are fan-subs. I hope that answers his question.

So they aren't hardcoded into the video they are selectable? Or are they burnt in mpeg2 versions of the fansub avi's? If they are selectable I wouldn't mind a set myself...
You can select them, it also has menus too. I just bought one off of ebay actually Naruto episodes 1-119 and a whole rack of bonus stuff, final cost $21.15. Big Grin
gubi-gubi Wrote:So they aren't hardcoded into the video they are selectable? Or are they burnt in mpeg2 versions of the fansub avi's? If they are selectable I wouldn't mind a set myself...
The version I have doesn't let you turn them on/off they are always on. You can get the real version with professional subs and all that jazz but it costs about twice as much.
I heard it only has 17 episodes that?s a weird number. Also been hearing great things like it?s the next Cowboy Bebop, as in as big as CB. It?s going to air this summer on
[adult swim] so that will be cool. If I had money I would get it right now.
It's got a few scenes with nudity in them. Very short scenes mind you but it will be interested to see what CN does with it. I also wonder how they are going to explain all the cultural stuff in the english translation. They talk about a lot of stuff I had never heard of before watching. Lots of traditions and stuff since it's based in 1800's Japan.
It was only 17 episodes, because it was too 'violent' for the station that had it. So another station took the show instead, and has begun airing the second half of the first season in japan.

Episode 18 was just recently released fansubbed in the last week. Meaning it's started up again in japan.

The best part about this show, is with the era it takes place in, they throw in ALOT of modern influence. Like the latest episode had to do with grafitti artists.

It was by far my favorite series of 2004
The Maniac Wrote:Thanks Tongue.

I watched the first 4 episodes last night and so far I am loving it! The episodes pick up right where the last one left off, it's nice to see a series that does that. Animation is exactly what you'd expect from Shinichiro Watanabe, top notch! The fan-subs are great too because they have explanations at the top of the screen if there's ever a word or phrase that we wouldn't understand in America.

Can you link to the seller? Interested in buying them maybe. Fansubs on dvd are worth the money to me. I hate watching anime on my computer.
Cidien Wrote:Fansubs on dvd are worth the money to me. I hate watching anime on my computer.
I know what you mean. Currently my computer is a piece of shit, but even if it wasn't I cant stand watching anything longer than a few minutes of flash while sitting here. A few of people don't get why I whould watch HKsubs instead of fansubs, they just dont understand how much I dislike VHS and CD-R. If DVD-R is acceptble, you might watn to look at Fairy Anime. I haven't bought anything from her yet, but its a nice selection and my girlfriend loves the site. She has bought massive amounts of cd-rs without a single complaint, now that Fairy's selling dvds I'll have to try it out. But I'll still come here for all my R1 ripping needs.
Hmmm, I wonder how the wolf's rain subs are...
The thing is, are they on dvd-r which are playable IN a dvd player (meaning all the files were converted to dvd format). Or are they just the downloaded fansubs tossed onto a dvd-r. Meaning you STILL need to watch them on your computer?

Nevermind. Just read the little disclaimer on the site. Which says "All anime can be played by Window Media Player or Real One Player unless noted". Meaning, they can only be played in the computer ;_;
desfunk Wrote:The thing is, are they on dvd-r which are playable IN a dvd player (meaning all the files were converted to dvd format). Or are they just the downloaded fansubs tossed onto a dvd-r. Meaning you STILL need to watch them on your computer?

Nevermind. Just read the little disclaimer on the site. Which says "All anime can be played by Window Media Player or Real One Player unless noted". Meaning, they can only be played in the computer ;_;

Never thought about that. Is there any reason to do that other than for space? That's the only one that I can come up with. Whatever the reasoning, I just sent the girl an email asking her how they play. The disclaimer isn't enough, I hope your mistaken. Commence finger crossing.
Just get one of these:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail...ptid=20003
I actually got mine on sale at Future Shop for 79.99 on sale... plays all divx and Xvid videos I have tried so far... and even played a WMV I tried burning.
I picked it up so I could watch fansubs on the TV until the dubbed R1's come out.
Cidien Wrote:Can you link to the seller? Interested in buying them maybe. Fansubs on dvd are worth the money to me. I hate watching anime on my computer.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...K:MEWN:SID
Pages: 1 2 3