Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Waiting to play Berserk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My download of Berserk for my PS2 finished today.
I promptly burned the disk, tossed it into the machine and watched the intro.
Unfortunately, my little girl is still awake and there is no way I'm going to play this game when she might be up to see it.

The opening animation is incredible and from what I've been able to figure out, it picks up right where the TV series ends. I'll update with more information about the game play after I've had some hands on experience.

Has anyone else here had a chance to check out this game on the PS2? Does anyone know if it's just a rework of the Dreamcast game?
Zagatto Wrote:My download of Berserk for my PS2 finished today.
I promptly burned the disk, tossed it into the machine and watched the intro.
Unfortunately, my little girl is still awake and there is no way I'm going to play this game when she might be up to see it.

The opening animation is incredible and from what I've been able to figure out, it picks up right where the TV series ends. I'll update with more information about the game play after I've had some hands on experience.

Has anyone else here had a chance to check out this game on the PS2? Does anyone know if it's just a rework of the Dreamcast game?
Hmm..

I've been wanting to play that game for a while now. You'll have to tell me how it is.

And I'm not sure if it's the Dreamcast game or not.

I have a question about it, once you start playing, Does it follow the manga, or did they change it around?
I've had this game since it was released, and have yet to ever finish it.

Not because it's too hard, but because it just isn't that good. Its slow, boring, and the level design is horrible. Also, it's an entirely new game. It's not just a port of the dreamcast game.

The goods? The violence and sword control is just EXTREMELY well done.
The bad? How slow Gatsu is, compared to how large levels are. Boring level design, boring enemy design, and boring everything else. When it takes nearly 2 hours to complete 1 level, you KNOW there is a problem.

Instead of opting for the more linear level design of the first one, they made this one more open and dynasty warriors like. Maybe that would explain why its so boring?

For a game that i was looking forward to for nearly a year, i was disappointed and bored with it after a few days with it. I think my save is still on my memory card, but i doubt i'll ever go back to it.
desfunk Wrote:I've had this game since it was released, and have yet to ever finish it.

Not because it's too hard, but because it just isn't that good. Its slow, boring, and the level design is horrible. Also, it's an entirely new game. It's not just a port of the dreamcast game.

The goods? The violence and sword control is just EXTREMELY well done.
The bad? How slow Gatsu is, compared to how large levels are. Boring level design, boring enemy design, and boring everything else. When it takes nearly 2 hours to complete 1 level, you KNOW there is a problem.

Instead of opting for the more linear level design of the first one, they made this one more open and dynasty warriors like. Maybe that would explain why its so boring?

For a game that i was looking forward to for nearly a year, i was disappointed and bored with it after a few days with it. I think my save is still on my memory card, but i doubt i'll ever go back to it.

Thats disapointing to hear.

Really dissapointing =(

But, before I get my hopes completely down, I'll have to read more reviews on it.

Like I asked before, is it based on the manga entirely? Or did they do something more original with it?
I just read the review at http://www.siliconera.com/ps2/beserk/041013.htm and from what it says there, this game follows the manga very closely. The down side is that the game play is fairly repetitive.... just hack and slash and slash and hack. The up side is that the game supposedly has great cut scenes that follow the manga very well and they focus on the story following the anime.
Zagatto Wrote:I just read the review at http://www.siliconera.com/ps2/beserk/041013.htm and from what it says there, this game follows the manga very closely. The down side is that the game play is fairly repetitive.... just hack and slash and slash and hack. The up side is that the game supposedly has great cut scenes that follow the manga very well and they focus on the story following the anime.

Thats a good thing, that they're considering the Manga.

Thanks for the site too, I just breifly looked through it . . . The gameplay doesnt seem too too bad.

What program did you get the game at?
Wow, haven't seen you post in a while desfunk.

I am pretty much in the same boat as desfunk on this one. While the cut scenes and story points (that I saw) were really well done I just can't seem to pick it back up. I really like the Dynasty Warriors titles and this one doesn't come close. I am a little over halfway through the game I'll finish it just to see how the made up parts of the story play out. Right after I'm done with Dragon Quest VIII.
Man that really puts a bad taste in my mouth. The DC game was fairly good in my view. (Looking back now it is a little tuff to play, control weise) Question are there any english subs in the game. I was suprised when I picked up RE:remake in Okinawa and everything was in english (except menus). I can hope but I doubt it very much that this will ever be ported over.
F' it. Its Berserk Cool

Please tell me where you downloaded it from and a short explanation of how to burn it would be very helpfull (its one of the things I still have to learn on my new pc). I have nero and a modded ps2 so that should do it right?
OK... I've played the game for about an hour and a half now and I have to agree that the game play leaves a bit to be desired but the cut scenes are excellent.

There is only a small amount of English in the menu system... everything else is in Japanese.

I downloaded the rar file using Bit Torrent and it has cover art work along with the disc image. There are tons of tutorials online if you do just a little time searching for how to burn a PS2 game image. You can find the image at http://www.lokitorrent.com if you're looking for it.

This is a must have game for fans of Berserk just to see the cut scenes but for a casual gamer it's only a mediochre game at best.
Yeah, been awhile since i've been to this board Tongue

Anyway. You're pretty much right. Fans of the series (and ones who understand japanese) would probably LOVE this game. Because they'd force themselves through the repetitive game, just to get to the awesome cutscenes.

But for the casual berserk fan (i've seen the anime, and played the DC game to death). It's alot harder to say.

I will still say that the sword control and violence in this game is INSANE!
Well if thats the case i would want to get ahold of it just to rip the cutscenes outta the game and watch them. forgoe the boring play.. (Pretty much what i did with FFVIII as i could never get into it)
Well, I'm ussing azareus to download it but its going at 30 kb/s and will take 2 days to get here. Is this normal with bittorent? I have cable so my internet should be faster right? If this is normal bittorent sucks. :mad:
There are very many factors invovled for fast downloads.. If its a low Peer to Seed ration you will get slower download speeds.. if you have 1 person seeding and 5 downloading then those 5 are trying to get parts from that 1 person and then sharing with the others etc.. Also the other thing with Cable and ADSL never cap your upload speeds also reduce it by about 5k or else your download speeds will suffer also and this is for anything you are doing.. and Next if you are running SP2 and havn't patched a Dll file then you will have slower speeds then none SP2.. but generally Bittorrents will give you better uploads then any other P2P network.

Edit: I just started downloading.. 5 seeds and 65 peers.. this might take a bit.. once peers start finishing it and more seeders and less peers then it will go alot faster.
Thanks man.

What do you mean with 'cap upload speeds'? I have eveything set on '0' so no upload or download limitations. Are you saying that I should set my upload to 5k under my max?

Also I do have SP2. What is this patch and what is a Dll file?

You started downloading it too from the lokitorrent link? How long will it take you and whats your connection speed if I may ask? And if you wouldn't mind to answer this one to Zagatto I'm very interested on how long it takes others to get this. Might make me feel better about my speed. Big Grin

I have cabel and they advertise with 512 kbit/s dl and like 350 upload. I tested it with some free program and it came to 480 kbit/s dl. Now with limewire I get to 50/60 kb download and bittorent between 10 and 40. Can someone use this info to tell me if my dl speed is normal? My internet surfing is super fast and I rarely have to wait for a page to load so I feel it should all be faster (I do have a router though).

Damn, I should have started with this computer business long ago. There are so many things I don't know yet it makes me dizzy thinking about the things I have to look up a faq for. I have taken a whole week of next week to put some time into learning how to opperate this damn machine. Hopefully Berserk will be in by then. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3