Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Waiting to play Berserk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I spent six days downloading Berserk. I usually have a few things on the go at the same time so I don't mind leaving my system up and running. This morning I finished downloading Howl's Moving Castle... now I have to convert it from .avi to a DVD so I can watch it in the comfort of my living room.
elcoholic Wrote:Thanks man.

What do you mean with 'cap upload speeds'? I have eveything set on '0' so no upload or download limitations. Are you saying that I should set my upload to 5k under my max?

Also I do have SP2. What is this patch and what is a Dll file?

You started downloading it too from the lokitorrent link? How long will it take you and whats your connection speed if I may ask? And if you wouldn't mind to answer this one to Zagatto I'm very interested on how long it takes others to get this. Might make me feel better about my speed. Big Grin

I have cabel and they advertise with 512 kbit/s dl and like 350 upload. I tested it with some free program and it came to 480 kbit/s dl. Now with limewire I get to 50/60 kb download and bittorent between 10 and 40. Can someone use this info to tell me if my dl speed is normal? My internet surfing is super fast and I rarely have to wait for a page to load so I feel it should all be faster (I do have a router though).

Damn, I should have started with this computer business long ago. There are so many things I don't know yet it makes me dizzy thinking about the things I have to look up a faq for. I have taken a whole week of next week to put some time into learning how to opperate this damn machine. Hopefully Berserk will be in by then. Big Grin
Here is the page for the patch
http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools
yes thats a valid page.. and not spyware, adware or virus.

Also yes if you have a 350 upload then you truely only have about 43kb/s upload speeds. I would set your max to about 30 then. Since with ADSL or Cable when you upload speed is saturated then it causes problems with your download speed.

And with Bittorrent its very dependant on the seed to peer ratio. I just checked there is only 4 seesd and 78 some peers. So 78 ppl are trying to download it while only 4 people have a complete file of it that are sharing..
Thanks again Schultz and thanks for your reply aswell Zagatto.

I'll put on the patch after berserk finishes downloading. I'm worried if I shut it down I won't be able to get it running again (I'm paranoid like that Big Grin ). I don't have a clue what the patch does but I'll try it anyway.

Capping the upload speed hasn't had much effect yet but there's only one seed left (wouldn't happen to be you Zag?) so that doesn't help much either. Well, if all goes as it is now I'll atleast have it faster than Zagatto did Big Grin :p I got 1.4 gig in 24 hours. Only 2 to go and hopefully I'll be slashing my way through the berserk world.
The patch ups the TCP limit of stateless connections. Microsoft limited this to slow down spam virus's and worms from making alot of connections in a row.. But this affects P2P clients also as they try to make alot of connections at once to people.. So this patch just ups the limit allowed to like 50 from 10.

Yea if only 1 seed might go slow but another thing to look at is the distribution of the peers. but either way once mine is completed i will leave it seeding also.. But you might finish first.. then i hubly request you to seed for a while too.. ;o)
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds usefull.

I'll leave it running once I get it. Just tell me when you've got it so I can start downloading something else afterwards ok?
I finished it and i am leaving it going till i hit over 1:1 ratio. Not sure when i actually completed it but i checked yesterday and it was done.. so who knows.. Now i just gotta look into ripping the movies outta it.
Damn you must have a fast connection. I've got 6 hours or so left and than it has been running 60 hours non stop only downloading this game. Hope its worth it Big Grin
i have a 3mbit / 384kbit upload connection.. Highest you can go commerical where i am from.. if i could get higher i would.. I miss japan where i could of had 100mbit fiber to my house for like $80 a month.. Well if only it was avaiable at my house but it wasn't.. Though now my luck it is..

Alos what color is the download icon for it? if its other then green then you have problems with your network that could slow down the downloads. Like if its yellow then you have a problem probably with a NAT connection for firewall blocking the ports that Azureus uses.
Nah, the smily is green all the time. Just goes real slow. Anyway, Its in. Now I just got to burn it and hope it works.

I'm hoping the patch will do some good but else I'll be able to live with it. I'll just have to get used to it. And having to download a day for a 1gig movie is not all that bad.

Again thanks for your help.
Only just checke the video game forum...
ive had Berserk for weeks now..its repetitive i grant that but i still love being in Gatsu shoes plus its follows the manga Big Grin

but not had a chance to play it much coz exam period...
one more left Sad
eek friday!!!
Hrm... I just realized that ALL of my links are yellow... this probably explains a bunch of things... I'd better figure out how to get around my firewall to get those juicy green connections and be able to share what I download better.

***edit 5 minutes later***
wow... that was easy... one little setting on my firewall and I'm green in no time... Hopefully this means I'll be able to share with other people from now on.
Another thing i just remember.. change your default port in Azerueus from 6881 or 6681 or what ever it is because i have heard some ISP's throttle the bandwidth to default ports to most of the P2P clients like Bittorrent, Kazza, eDonkey etc.. So i would recommend changing them. Also if you have Azurues make sure you install the safepeer plugin this blocks connections from MPAA, and all those people..
I think it automatically sets the ports to 6881 - 6999 but you only need them to go 6881 -6889 (I've been reading up Smile ) Also the MPAA doesn't go after me since I'm in europe right?

Zag, I've been looking around for an explanation on how to burn dl-ed games but all I can find is tons of explanations on how to make your own backup games from an original. And now berserk is a zipped file and it has a password readme file attached. I can unzip it probably (never done that before though) but whats the password for? Please post a link if you have one with step by step directions on what I have to do to get it to play and I will be very gratefull. You've helped me this far, please help me with the last steps. I can't find them Sad
Well azureus defaults to one single port if you are using that. And i don't know about that as i belive if some labels have copywrits to the items being shared in your country then they can sue you also. I have read about some European people getting sued.. But i PM'ed you the password.
Thanks for sending that password for me Schultz. One rule of thumb I've learned with .zipped or .rared files is that the password is almost always the web site listed in the file name. You need the password to unpackage the big file you've downloaded.

As for ports, I've switched to a large range from 20000 to 50000 and seem to be having good luck. The best thing I've done was to adjust my firewall so that I'm getting all green (and blue) connections now).
Pages: 1 2 3