Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My First Manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just got my first manga today, it was Hellsing volume 1. I love it and can't wait to get

more. Which brings us to why this thread was made. Do you remember your first manga?

If you do wht was the title and volume number? Most important of all, did you enjoy it or

did you like the anime better? In case you are wondering I think the Hellsing manga is

better than the anime. Anyway I look forwar to your posts.
the first manga i read was love hina, love it, it was my cousins. after i read all of that, i started to collect my own. the first manga i purchased was fushugi yugi.
i kinda like watching the anime better, but the manga has more to it.
My first manga was Angel Sanctuary v.1. So started my long addiction to angsty and provacative shoujo manga. ^^ Hundreds of series later, it's still my favorite ever.

Manga is almost always better than the anime that follows. Rurouni Kenshin, Berserk, and GTO for short example are good anime but pale terribly in comparison to the manga they are based off of.
My first manga was one of the dual-language Love Hina, volume one. It was a big deal to me cause they are pretty hard to get a hold of and I got it as a present one Christmas. After that I got hooked; (sigh) wish I still had all my old manga and VHS stuff. Sad
The first manga I picked up was probably Akira #1 when marvel was doing the Epic line, then I started picking up the early Viz(when they were a part of Eclipse Comics) like Dagger of Kamui. However my first graphic novel was probably Pineapple Army.
First manga i picked up was Dragonball Vol 3, funny thing is i thought it was a comic book because i was so young. That was back in the day when i was utterly obsessed with db, dbz.
i just got my first manga a couple of days ago.
rave master v.1 its pretty good.
although i have read shonen jump and various scanlations in the past. so its not really the first manga iv read....
Blight Wrote:My first manga was one of the dual-language Love Hina, volume one.

Yeh ive got those they're well cool! Anyway my first manga was back in the day of the old comic size like 30 page versions. I think it was probably Ranma or Maison Ikkoku. Then after it was Ironfist Chinmi (they were so ahead of their time, unflopped an everything and matched the Japanese volumes). Ive still got huge comic boxes full of the old style manga... I prefer graphic novels though. Got so expensive going and picking up my monthly wad of manga from the shop. Think they were like £3 each I cant remember...
I've been a comic reader since before I was into anime. I remember the stir that Lone Wolf and Cub caused when it first came out from First comics. Then right after that Viz started up with Dagger of Kamui and Area 88 and Xenon. I bought all those titles back then. Mai the Psychic Girl stands out as an amazing comic from the time as well. The one odditiy from the late 80s that I love is the 4 issue run of Golgo 13 that were printed digest size. Those remain some of the best Golgo stories I've consumed in any format.
The first manga I ever read was Ranma 1/2 which belonged to a friend of mine. I remember laughing so hard he was looking at me like I was some kind of freak. Big Grin Afterwards I read titles like Domo and Mai the Psychic Girl which also belonged to him. Some years later I bought my first manga which was Oh! My Goddess and I've been buying those 30 page editions ever since.

Ryo, I bought Hellsing vol.1 some weeks ago and like you I think it's great. You should read other titles as well. GTO is great!

KikyouTears, it's great to finally meet someone here who shares my passion for Angel Sanctuary. I re-read the whole thing two months ago. It's awesome!
I agree with you, manga is always better than the anime that follows. I guess that's why I'm so addicted to it. Big Grin
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The first manga I ever read was Ranma 1/2 which belonged to a friend of mine. I remember laughing so hard he was looking at me like I was some kind of freak. Big Grin

don't worry, i too laughed so hard i probably looked like a freak to my cousins..... hahaha
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The first manga I ever read was Ranma 1/2 which belonged to a friend of mine. I remember laughing so hard he was looking at me like I was some kind of freak. Big Grin Afterwards I read titles like Domo and Mai the Psychic Girl which also belonged to him. Some years later I bought my first manga which was Oh! My Goddess and I've been buying those 30 page editions ever since.

Ryo, I bought Hellsing vol.1 some weeks ago and like you I think it's great. You should read other titles as well. GTO is great!

KikyouTears, it's great to finally meet someone here who shares my passion for Angel Sanctuary. I re-read the whole thing two months ago. It's awesome!
I agree with you, manga is always better than the anime that follows. I guess that's why I'm so addicted to it. Big Grin

I would but I don't know what other manga to buy, except Bastard! that is. I mean they

didn't have Yoroiden. I'll prorbably have to find a used manga shop for it. Oh well.
Well then start by buying Bastard, it's great. Then you can try:

GTO
Love Hina
Angel Sanctuary
X/1999
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Bastard
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Yuyu Hakusho
Ranma ½
Project Arms
Monster
Basara
Inu Yasha
Vagabond
Bleach
Get Backers
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Alichino
Canon God Exaxxion
Video Girl Ai

I could suggest a whole lot more titles but at the moment these are the only ones that I can remember. :p
Given my passion for GTO, this should be fairly easy for anyone to tell. The anime is my favorite, but the way they ended it really made me mad. So I was on this site, and they said that the story continued in the manga. Anyway, I picked up the manga starting where the story ended. Love Hina was the same way and I've been meaning to buy it. Would anybody be interested in selling me their set? Please?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Ryo, I bought Hellsing vol.1 some weeks ago and like you I think it's great. You should read other titles as well. GTO is great!

onizuka17711 Wrote:Given my passion for GTO, this should be fairly easy for anyone to tell.

Well, I'll just say this: Liking manga and not owning, or at least have read, GTO is synonymous with blasphemy. :eek: Unless of course you have no access to it. But still...
Pages: 1 2 3