Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My First Manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The first manga I ever read was Ranma 1/2 which belonged to a friend of mine.

I, also, first read a Ranma 1/2 vol.20 that i got from a friend by the name of Airik. I loved it at bought all the Ranma 1/2 I could find. I always liked manga more then anime. I have a lot of manga including all of the Maison Ikkokus, Pet Shop of Horrors, Real About High School, Excel Saga and many more. The only anime I have is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi 1-4,My Nieghbor Totoro, and Najica Blitz tacticts 1. For anybody who likes Ranma 1/2, Inu-yasha, Maison Ikkoku or Uresei Yatsura anime check out the manga. It is much better. In fact the only two anime I can think of thats better than the manga is FLCL and Abenobashi.
Hmm.
If I do remember correctly, the first Manga I read was Ranma 1/2 Volume 1.

The first Manga I purchased was FLCL (Furi Kuri) Vol 1 and Tokyo Babylon vol 1. I never watched the Tokyo Babylon movie, so I can't judge whats better. as for FLCL, I think I like the anime better, but that doesnt stop the manga from kicking many arse.

And Ranma... Thats a tough one. I like the anime better because I like seeing, (in other words, Im lazy) Unless its the dub..because well, I hate dubs! <3

~Katherine_Jean
My first manga was a one-shot issue of Oh My Goddess that I found in the $.50 box at my local comic shop. I can't remember the title right now, but I would know it if I saw the cover. After that I started reading it monthly along with Gunsmith Cats, Ranma, Blade of the Immortal, and just about anything else I could afford. The store had a huge sale at one point, trying to clean out their storage, backissues started at a dollar then over the weeks kept dropping. At one point they were 10 cents each. I now have boxes filled with more unpoplar little-know Viz titles than I knew had existed. I don't think anyone else bought them.
The first Manga I ever picked up was one of Schultz's volumes of Beserk. I actually bought my first Manga this year, Canadite for Goddess. Big Grin
WandererX12 Wrote:I now have boxes filled with more unpoplar little-know Viz titles than I knew had existed. I don't think anyone else bought them.

Wow :eek: i would love to see the manga in those boxes!
My first manga is, unsure abt the American Name, but literal Jap translation is Little Soccer Hero. Hilarious......got me into Slam Dunk and Dragonball.. :p Big Grin
074ku Wrote:Wow :eek: i would love to see the manga in those boxes!
Off the top of my head, the three I liked most were 'Sanctuary', 'Maison Ikkoku', and 'They Were 11'. Not exactly unknown, but great. Some issues are missing though, so eventually I might convert the series i liked best to graphic novels.
My first manga was Lone Wolf and Cub many moons ago. It belonged to my older brother (like all older brothers you would be dead meat if you messed with his stuff) while he was gone I would just stare at that single volume of Lone Wolf and Cub. It had these guys that wore the rice hats and all of them had broken their fingers so they could let their nails grow through their hands like claws... It was the best thing ever.

Since then I have been a big manga fan.
WandererX12 Wrote:Off the top of my head, the three I liked most were 'Sanctuary', 'Maison Ikkoku', and 'They Were 11'. Not exactly unknown, but great. Some issues are missing though, so eventually I might convert the series i liked best to graphic novels.

I have never heard of Sanctuary or They Were 11 but I have the entire Maison Ikkoku graphic novel collection. What were the storylines of the other two?
WandererX12 Wrote:Off the top of my head, the three I liked most were 'Sanctuary', 'Maison Ikkoku', and 'They Were 11'. Not exactly unknown, but great. Some issues are missing though, so eventually I might convert the series i liked best to graphic novels.

I'm like no more than 8 issuses off completing Maison Ikkoku and Ranma 1/2. Damn VIZ stopped delivering comics to the UK ages ago. When I get some cash together im going to try finish them off. Let me know if you feel like selling or trading any of your issues when you convert.
My first manga was Sailor Moon Stars.I got it because I heard they were not going to release the series in the USA because of the whole Sailor Starlights.So I wanted to see how it all ends.^_^
You have the most beautiful sig I have ever seen! That's such a cute pic
gubi-gubi Wrote:You have the most beautiful sig I have ever seen! That's such a cute pic

Oh! thank you very much.I made it with a picture I found off the internet.^_^
gubi-gubi Wrote:You have the most beautiful sig I have ever seen! That's such a cute pic

Oh! thank you very much.I made it with a picture I found off the internet.^_^
Negima vol 1. was my first manga.and I really liked it.I think they are comming out with a anime series because I downloaded a little clip/promo/whatever for it and the series looked good also.^_^
Pages: 1 2 3