Import Anime Forums

Full Version: My First Manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
074ku Wrote:I have never heard of Sanctuary or They Were 11 but I have the entire Maison Ikkoku graphic novel collection. What were the storylines of the other two?
Been a while since I read them but:
They Were 11 is about a group of students, who don't know each other, sent into space. They were suposed to be a team of 10 but there are 11 of them which means someone doesn't belong.
Sanctuary is a crime drama. Murder, politics, sex yakuza, stuff like that.
WandererX12 Wrote:Been a while since I read them but:
They Were 11 is about a group of students, who don't know each other, sent into space. They were suposed to be a team of 10 but there are 11 of them which means someone doesn't belong.
Sanctuary is a crime drama. Murder, politics, sex yakuza, stuff like that.

Isn't there another manga with sanctuary in the name. I think its called Angel Sanctuary.

Not quite sure about that though.
It kinda sounds like Please save my earth???Although I am not sure eaither.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Isn't there another manga with sanctuary in the name. I think its called Angel Sanctuary.
Not quite sure about that though.

Sanctuary and Angel Sanctuary are two very different manga. Angel Sanctuary is dark/gothic shoujo while Sanctuary is seinen.
Sanctuary's author is the well know Ryoichi Ikegami famous for works such as 'Mai the Psychic Girl' and 'Crying Freeman'. Angel Sanctuary's author is Kaori Yuki who has also done Count Cain, Gravel Kingdom, Boys Next Door...
Yea, the two are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Ryoichi Ikegami isn't the author though, he's the artist. And a damn good one, I had never seen such realistic art in a comic before reading Sanctuary. As for the authors, Sanctuary's was Sho Fumimura, Mai's was Kazuya KudĂ´, and Freeman's was Kazuo Koike(Lone Wolf and Cub).
I know he isn't the writer but for some reason I always think of the artist as being the author when in fact they both are.
Pages: 1 2 3