Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Making an Anime Studio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i want to start a company that brings more anime to the US, also get volumes out quicker. and Dubb them for all of you out there that like it . does anyone else want to venture into this with me ?

i think this would be cool to work with anime and get the stuff before others so exclusive anime !

well let me know your thoughts ...

-LE
I can't remember the exact numbers, but it costs anywhere from $6,000 to $10,000 to license an episode. You would then need equipment, voice actors, a studio, money to pay for all of this. A replicator, wholesale to get amaray cases and discs. Then you need a printing service. Not to mention you need someone to go get a contract in Japan.

Then if your series, doesn't sell well, bye bye new company.

As much as I would love to start a business with someone over the net who I don't know at all, I'll pass. Rolleyes We've all thought about it, but it never happens.
It would be a cool idea if you could get a bank and someone to pony up the money you would need to pull it off
You could always start out sub only like animeigo... Then you'd save money on dubbing till you make enough money to start dubbing and maybe go back and dub older stuff...
if you're really into this sort of thing, start off with an OVA or something short. Second, i believe that many of the companies that release anime have been in it for a while and thus have a lot of money to dip in to.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Second, i believe that many of the companies that release anime have been in it for a while and thus have a lot of money to dip in to.

And before someone says 'well, they weren't always into it' . . . anime wasn't as big when most of these companies started out. It was much cheaper to license stuff then than it is now. So someone like ADV could afford to fund themselves since noone would give them a loan for 'anime'.
Well ADV licensed stuff like Devil Hunter Yohko, not Evangelion, Azumanga Diaoh, or Spriggan.
There are a lot of Animes that would give big money to those who license them: Touch, Hunter X Hunter, High School Kimengumi, etc but the biggest problem is to get the money to buy those licenses. that's way to much for a single episode!!!Sad
ADV is an anime slut they get there hands on evebrything its liek they dont need to know what it is if they can slap 40$ stickers on 3 episode discs theya re happy. im thinking also partenering up with a movie studio cause they have the money and they have connections so doing it that way and doing a partner ship so us being there anime partnership to there movie studio.

i think this could work if you contact the right people and also tell them the anime titles you think could make them alot of money ! so im going to be looking into this. i think this could work.

-LE
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile
ADV is an anime slut they get there hands on evebrything its liek they dont need to know what it is if they can slap 40$ stickers on 3 episode discs theya re happy.

Well, I'd never buy anything from a total liar like you since you're already making up lies to disparage the competition. Show me one title that they have that has 3 episodes on a disc and they are selling for $40.

I will however highly recommend boots of all your stuff to anyone I know.
I remember FLCL was originally maketed on 3 disks, 2 episodes on a disk that you will pay between 25-35 $ per disk depending where you buy them. That is why I got the OVA from here
your idea to partner with a movie company would hold some credence if you had already had negotiated a deal, were able to negotiate a deal, had some leverage in this way, had some credentials, etc etc etc.

SPeculating this large of an idea is something you can't just jump into. You have to work your way up to it.
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile
ADV is an anime slut they get there hands on evebrything its liek they dont need to know what it is if they can slap 40$ stickers on 3 episode discs theya re happy.
-LE

When did a $40 for 3 episodes/disc from ADV occur? Examples?

If you have the money to license an anime, pay for production costs etc., by all means, go ahead.
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
I remember FLCL was originally maketed on 3 disks, 2 episodes on a disk that you will pay between 25-35 $ per disk depending where you buy them. That is why I got the OVA from here

That wasn't ADV. Trust me, you don't want to get involved with this. He has no idea what he's talking about. He's wrong about what he wrote about ADV. He's wrong if he thinks any movie studio needs him to put out anime. I mean, what does he bring to the table? Why would they need him? He's wrong if he thinks that he could release anime at bootleg prices (since obviously ADV's prices are waaaaay too high according to him) if his pipedream were to come true.
Well if you could get your foot in the door go for it. though you have some still compitition that has been doing this stuff for a long time you would have to compete with
Pages: 1 2 3 4